The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

His head was melted. Thought he needed the black.

Perhaps he misread 67 as 57?

Iā€™m liking the prospect of a long night - because of the players involved, this one will keep the attention right to the end, unlike the Graeme Dott finals.

Great stuff. I have to go to a work dinner tonight and was worried I would miss all of it. Hopefully if I get home by 10pm UK time there will still be a reasonable few frames left. And the football of course.

looking forward to this. come on Ronnieā€¦

The trick shot king and the master of the maximum break have as much knowledge to impart as any of the other bland so called achievers when it comes to commentary.
Euro sport is better in any case

+1

Go on The Rocket!

13-12 Selby now. The Jesterā€™s inability to turn his breaks into frame winners is worrying, he seems to need 3 or 4 bites of the cherry.

Ronnie Oā€™Sullivan has never had to dig especially deep to win a World Championship final. He beat John Higgins 18-14 in 2001, but thatā€™s easily the closest final heā€™s been involved in. Heā€™ll have to dig very deep if heā€™s to win this as Selby really looks up for the fight.

14-12 Selby now, another scrappy frame that Selby should have put away much earlier. Ronnie is starting to look annoyed, he needs to compose himself or this one will get away from him.

Willie Thorn calling himself uncle Willie to Hayley Turner

Selby is unbelievably patient. This is fascinating stuff.

Selby has had two great chances in this frame and fucked both of them up. This is happening in nearly every frame, if Ronnie keeps his head he could make him pay, but he looks rattled at the moment.

Its almost as if Barry Hearn planned thisā€¦

15-12 Selby

Selby eventually takes the 27th frame, 15-12 he leads. The interval could hardly have come at a better time for Ronnie. He needs to get his act together pronto.

Mignolet earning his keep tonight.

Could that be a turning point ?

He fucked up the yellow. Big chance for Selby now

And Selby underhits a red.

And Selby fucks it up yet again, he canā€™t keep giving Ronnie chances like this surely?