The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

What a pot from Ronnie on the yellow, Selby will be beside himself if Ronnie finishes this frame off.

15-14

That yellow :clap::clap:

Come on Ronnie

Wonderful shot alright. When it went in, Selby looked like someone had just shat in his cornflakes.

Selby with a golden opportunity to make it 16-14, he has to take these chances.

Selby looking nailed on for a 16-14 lead

What a time to produce a total clearance of 127, absolutely sensational. Take a bow Mark Selby.:clap:

Selby in again in frame 31, gilt edged chance to put some serious points on the board and heap the pressure on Ronnie.

Selby one away from glory now, what a time for him to start producing snooker like that, incredible. Iā€™m on Selby at 11/1 to win the title, shove a few quid on Ronnie at 7/1 now, canā€™t lose :pint:

17-14 Selby but Ronnie in now

That is a great shot from Selby - Come on New Parks:clap:

Kinā€™ ell this is nervy

Selby will see it out

Brilliant clearance to win the title, fair play Mark Selby :clap::clap::clap:

Some comeback

Bad night for Steve Peters.

Mark Selby really deserved the title.

Absolutely superb final, Mark Selby is a worthy champion and Iā€™m glad he had a few clearances at the end as I felt he was getting too much stick in the media over his tactics. I donā€™t think any other player in the world could have hung in there with Ronnie over the last two days and Selby broke him in the end. A magnificent achievement:clap:

Excellent tournament.
Excellent final.
Worthy winner.

Leicesterā€™s first world snooker champion. Thought for years that particular accolade would have fallen to Willie Thorne.

Selby was 9-2 last night. Had a good think about it but in the end I didnā€™t back him.