The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Joe Swail trailing Matthew Stevens 5-4.

Fergal O’Brien in meltdown, he’s lost five frames in a row and trails Kurt Maflin 8-6. Doherty was put out of his misery earlier on going out 10-3 to Mark Davis and Joe Swail was beaten 10-5 by Matthew Stevens.

Some ongoing ding-dong battles

[ATTACH=full]2668[/ATTACH]

9-9 now, c’mon Fergal!

This takes me back to the halcyon days of Ceefax.

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/LiveMatchDetail/Match/13833?matchNumber=107

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1124291, member: 183”]This takes me back to the halcyon days of Ceefax.

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/LiveMatchDetail/Match/13833?matchNumber=107[/QUOTE]
This is excruciating. As far as I can ascertain Fergal is 5 up with 22 remaining but Maflin is at the table.

Maflin wins 10-9

Maflin wins

It’s over, the dream is over. No Irish representation at The Crucible the year. :frowning:

Balls. Poor old Fergal O’Brien the nearly man again.

[QUOTE=“Sandymount Red, post: 1124301, member: 1074”]It’s over, the dream is over. No Irish representation at The Crucible the year. :frowning:
[/QUOTE]
Mark Allen, you partitionist cunt.

After his antics at the crucible a couple of years back, I no longer consider him Irish.

Bad day for the older guard from the island of Ireland.

Better day for the Scottish/Welsh older guard with Graeme Dott, Alan McManus and Matthew Stevens making it through.

Draw for the first round of the Betfred World Championship

Mark Selby v Kurt Maflin

Stephen Maguire v Anthony McGill

Joe Perry v Zhang Anda

Shaun Murphy v Robin Hull

Barry Hawkins v Matthew Selt

Mark Allen v Ryan Day

Ali Carter v Alan McManus

Neil Robertson v Jamie Jones

Ding Junhui v Mark Davis

John Higgins v Robert Milkins

Marco Fu v Jimmy Robertson

Judd Trump v Stuart Carrington

Ricky Walden v Graeme Dott

Stuart Bingham v Robbie Williams

Mark Williams v Matthew Stevens

Ronnie O’Sullivan v Craig Steadman

The All Welsh repeat of the 2000 final, the pick of the first round ties.

Here’s the running order for the first day of action, tomorrow.

Saturday 18 April
10:00

Mark Selby v Kurt Maflin
Marco Fu v Jimmy Robertson

14:30 BST
Stephen Maguire v Anthony McGill
John Higgins v Robert Milkins

19:00 BST
Mark Selby v Kurt Maflin
Ricky Walden v Graeme Dott

williams v stevens should good, think robbo will win his 2nd wc

Kurt Maflin has got the 2015 World Snooker Championship underway. I’ve been backing his opponent Mark Selby the last couple of months to become the first Crucible champion to defend the title after his debut victory. I’ll be quids in if The Jester retains his title.

Selby has had a favourable draw, the bottom half looks much tougher. Ronnie, Ding and Trump are down there amongst others. One player in the bottom half who could go well at a big price is John Higgins. He’s been in superb form lately and is worth an e/w play at 33/1.

Selby not having it all his own way and is slightly flattered by the 5-2 score line , he won the last frame on a re-spotted black. On the other table veteran Hong Kong cueman Marco Fu leads Jimmy Robertson 3-2.

Anthony McGill leading Stephen Maguire 6-3
John Higgins leading Robert Milkins 6-3

Selby involved in a proper battle here, he leads Maflin 8-6. Ricky Walden leads the vile Graeme Dott 3-1 on the other table.