The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Desperately unlucky not to make the maximum there. This is as good a world final as I can remember.

Bingham very unlucky with the final red ending up almost touching the cue ball as he attempted to knock it off the cushion. A centimetre of a difference and a 147 would have been at his mercy.

Words canā€™t describe how fucking silly Murphy looks in that get up of a suit.

Bingham 12-9 Murphy

Its quite like the suit Joe Pesci wore to court in My Cousin Vinny, which nearly got him jailed for contempt of court.

Wonderful long distance pot from Murphy considering the long range misses he has made during todayā€™s session.

Bingham 13-11 Murphy.

Massive frame coming up to conclude the session

This really is high quality fare, Bingham leads 13-11 :clap:

Bingham misses yet another Red & luckily get a safe cue ball. This surely canā€™t continue.

:popcorn:

Murphy :rolleyes:

Bingham 14-11 Murphy

Is he still wearing the spats he had on yesterday?

Feckin Friday bank holidays are killing me.

Terrific stuff from Bingham. Heā€™s won 10 of the 13 frames since the mid-session interval last night to more from 4-8 to 14-11 up. Really hope, he can seal the deal tonight.

If Bingham had been involved in cycling or track and field, the performance enhancing drugs question would be asked.

In terms of a dropping of overall standards or an increase in his?

Its totally unprecedented from Bingham in fairness. I know heā€™s done well this year. Heā€™s won a couple of tour events in Asia. But at 38 you dont expect someone to be producing the best form of their lives. Iā€™d love to know what he has been doing differently. How do you go from being the ultimate journey man to destroying the greats and aspiring greats of the game especially over the longer format.

Is he on the EPO mate?

I was talking to Davy Morrisā€™s sister last night, she told me Davy says Bingham is as good as Ronnie, has all the shots and is as hard to beat in practice but suffers excruciatingly from nerves

So he is on downers?