Marco Fu (14) v Peter Ebdon
Barry Hawkins (11) v Zhang Anda
Ronnie O’Sullivan (6) v David Gilbert

Mark Allen (7) v Mitchell Mann
Joe Perry (10) v Kyren Wilson
Michael White (15) v Sam Baird
Mark Selby (2) v Robert Milkins

2 Likes

Set up for the defending champion to be knocked out in the first round.

1 Like

a real ding dong battle developing here between Bingham and Carter

Peter Ebdon grinded out his last qualifying frame against Gerard Greene at 1:45am the other night

It’s a pity Ding never played Dong.

Carter looking good for a 4-1 lead on Bingham. Bingham needs two snookers. Mind you he’s got one as Carter had an in off, so this frame might not be over just yet. Curse of no first time Crucible champion retaining their title, as you predicted, likely to strike again.

Marco Fu leading Peter Ebdon 4-1.

First Crucible Classic of 2016 and its only Day 1. Reigning champion Stuart Bingham and Ali Carter at 9-9 and in a deciding frame.

Bingham needs snookers now and looks to be on his way out after 6 and a half hours of action.

One snooker obtained. One more needed.

The champion has been dethroned. Carter wins 10-9.

Forgot to turn off my live stream there and ended up looking at weightlifting with Arabic commentary for a minute or two.

I’ve turned it off now.

It was on BBC red button, nearly sure you could watch it live online via the BBC.

The television is occupied with Match of the Day. Hola failed me when I tried to watch via the BBC website. It’s very erratic for BBC.

In nearly sure I was watching it in work last year on the BBC player, I’ll be gutted if the cunts have blocked it.

Haven’t watched snooker on the BBC since they dispensed with Clive Everton’s services. Eurosport the only place to watch it.

1 Like

The shocks continue as last year’s runner up Shaun Murphy is dumped out by 10-8 by Anthony McGill.

1 Like

I envisage quite a few seeds falling in the First Round. Despite the expansion of the qualifiers to three rounds and 128 players from seeds 17-144, 12 of the 16 qualifiers were seeds ranked 17-32. That’s a high quality selection of qualifiers, battle hardened and match sharp having all won three best of 19 frame matches in the past 10 days.

McGill is a good player.

Hopefully he goes far now.

Ronnie not having it all his own way in the early exchanges with world number 22 David Gilbert, but The Rocket leads 3-2.