The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Marco Fu gets his first frame on the board before the mid session interval. Mark Selby leads 3-1.

1 Like

This could be an amazing battle

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t. I’m no match for you in the stats stakes. You are the greatest of all time

1 Like

Doug Mountjoy?

Terry Griffiths got to a final one year when he was a veteran. Think Hendry or Davis accounted for him fairly comfortably.

This is a staggering performance from Ding. He’s knocked in his 5th century of the match in the opening frame of the morning to move 7-2 ahead. Mark Selby and Ronnie jointly hold the record for the most centuries scored in a match at the Crucible - 6.

Ding 9-3 McManus

1 Like

Almost a record equaling 6th century for Ding in the last frame before the mid session interval but snookered himself on 97 going from the last colour to the yellow.

Not a lot Alan McManus can do, the one frame this morning he won, he won it with a century.

McManus takes the first two frames after the mid session interval to cut the deficit to 9-5. A 136 total clearnace in frame 14. Sensational standard, mostly from Ding but also from Angles when he’s getting table time. 7 centuries in 14 frames. Neal Foulds informs the Eurosport viewers that 8 centuries is the most recorded in a match at the Crucible.

Big last two frames coming up now.

That’s possibly the best session of snooker I’ve every watched. Alan McManus wins four frames on the bounce, culminating with his third century (125) in the final frame, a record equaling eight in the match and cuts the deficit to 7-9.

3 Likes

Superb stuff.

125 and McManus tries a trick shot on the black, sensational!

scenes

Lovely clearance by Selby there to pinch the frame on the black, The Jester leads 7-4.

Just missed on that black, but his trick shot on the black came off in the 136 break, two frames previously.

Selby leads 7-4. It should be 6-5 to Fu as Selby has completely mugged him off to win the last two.

I don’t think Fu has what it takes when it really comes down to it

Fu in again here, he should win this frame.

A nice century from Fu, 7-5.

John Parrott giving some great insight here

Selby is a funny sort of player. I always get a sense that he’s way down the pecking order in terms of natural ability but you can’t argue with his record.