The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Its great stuff from McManus.

what a shot from Angles!

1 Like

Is Elsie Holdsworth still alive, Geoffrey? Dennis Taylor remarking how she’d seen every session at the Crucible since the first tournament in 1977 was always a highlight of the coverage.

1 Like

I do recall Taylor mentioning Elsie many times. I haven’t watched the snooker on the BBC for a few years now, as I prefer the Eurosport coverage so I’m afraid I’m none the wiser as to whether Elsie is still with us. She’d be a great age now if she was.

A great, great woman.

1 Like

Ding wins frame 13-10 after an easy miss from McManus. Huge last frame, particularly for Angles.

Real sickener for McManus, should have won the last but Ding steals it on the black.

Jimmy White and the two Ronnies (Wood and O’Sullivan) currently providing the analysis on Eurosport.

1 Like

Ronnie Wood??? He’s an appalling man

Selby takes a scrappy opening frame of the session to inch 9-8 ahead.

A quick century from the Jester puts him 10-8 up.

Fu steals a critical frame there to go 10-9.

Marco levels it up at 10-10 at the mid session interval. Reverse of yesterday really, when Marco won 5-3, but probably should have won all eight. Selby should have won all four this morning, but they’ve split them 2-2.

A loose safety shot by Selby is punished by Fu as the veteran Hong Kong potter levels it up at 10-10.

this is a real ding dong battle too

These two are inseparable, 11-11.

12-11 Fu

Huge frame here.

This must be the longest frame of the tournament

I think it was the longest frame ever at The Crucible. Selby eventually wins the war of attrition to level us up at 12-12, going to be some final session tonight.

Ding is one frame away from the final, he leads McManus 16-11.