The Snooker Thread (Part 2)

How many could he have won if he really wanted to. Mental really

Not a word between the two of them there

CMOOOON ROOON!!!

They donā€™t get on apparently

Itā€™ll be the first time Ronnie goes to the Crucible with the chance of winning the triple crown and emulating Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry (twice) and Mark Williams.

An 8th win at the Crucible in May also sees him move ahead of the 7 won by Stephen Hendry.

Itā€™s hard to see Ronnie passing up on the history making opportunities there.

He was saying on Eurosport there that heā€™s playing the World Grand Prix next week but after that heā€™s not playing again until the Worlds.

1 Like

So hard to no with that man. Was on total control again Brecel last year and stopped like he was shot albeit Brecel played very well .You really just never no what you will get with Ronnie. If his mind is fully right He will take all the beating for sure.

I think Taylor was driven by a want to constantly be the best. To me he practiced like fuck to meet that level. He obviously did have the ability as well.

But Ronnie is something else. The five minute 147 at the Crucible for instance. His ability to switch hands which was never done before in snooker. His control of the cue ball to me is his biggest quality. He has it on a string.

1 Like

I think lads greatly underestimate the amount of practice Ronnie actually does.

4 Likes

He doesn"t hate Luca for one!

1 Like

He has to practice.

As good as he is, he would be found out if he didnā€™t.

1 Like

Same as Taylor. The goats across sports all had huge talent, but its their work ethic and mental strength that set them apart.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if Ronnie practiced as much as Taylor practiced but I take your point.

1 Like

Ronnie Oā€™Sullivan launched an astonishing foul-mouthed rant at Ali Carter after he was accused of ā€œsnottingā€ on the floor in the Masters final.

Oā€™Sullivan beat bitter rival Carter 10-7 to claim a record-extending eighth Masters title and Carter claimed the eight-time world champion was guilty of a ā€˜disgustingā€™ action in the final frames.

ā€œThere were a couple of things that happened out there that go unnoticed,ā€ Carter said.

ā€œWell, they donā€™t go unnoticed but anyone with an eyesight or a brain can see whatā€™s going on. And itā€™s disgusting quite frankly.

ā€œNo-one wants to say anything, do they? Snotting all over the floor and all that.ā€

Advertisement

Oā€™Sullivan won Ā£250,000 for his Masters triumph but stormed out of the post-match press conference and gave Carter the middle finger after hearing of the claims.

ā€œHe can sit on it as far as Iā€™m concerned,ā€ he said. ā€œI donā€™t give a fā€”. You know what heā€™s like, everybody knows what heā€™s like. Heā€™s got issues.

ā€œF------ why has he got issues with me? Iā€™m not having it. I donā€™t care, grow some balls.

ā€œI donā€™t give a fā€”. The more he brings it on, the more I f------ punish him every time.

ā€œAbsolutely. Heā€™s just digging a grave for himself. He needs to sort his f------ life out.

ā€œThatā€™s it, Iā€™ve said my piece. Iā€™m not going to skirt around it anymore, tip-toeing on egg shells around someone like that.

ā€œPlaying snooker against someone like that is a nightmare. Heā€™s not a nice person.

ā€œItā€™s not a nice vibe he leaves around the table. Iā€™ve said my piece and youā€™re going to write what youā€™re going to write. I donā€™t give a sā€”. Iā€™ve said it now, done.

ā€œEnd of press conference? I suppose youā€™ve got your headlines, havenā€™t you?ā€

Ronnie O'Sullivan after winning the Masters, beating Ali Carter in the final

Ronnie Oā€™Sullivan has completed the first two legs of snookerā€™s triple crown by winning the UK and the Masters CREDIT: PA/Bradley Collyer

Earlier in the tournament, Oā€™Sullivan had hit out over the conditions at the venue, describing the 159-year-old Alexandra Palace as ā€œdisgustingā€.

He said: ā€œI just donā€™t like this place. I find it disgusting. Everywhere is dirty. Itā€™s cold. Itā€™s freezing, I have to wear my coat everywhere. You go through car parks. There are bins. Honestly, it just makes me feel ill.

ā€œIā€™m a bit of a clean freak and when I come in here it gives me the heebie-jeebies. I just canā€™t wait to get out of here.ā€

Carter is an absolute prick.

Ronnie on now

1 Like

World Grand Prix QF line up

Yupeng v Williams
Trump v Selby
Wilson G v Ronnie
Anda v Ding

1 Like

Ronnie has lads mentally destroyed.

1 Like

Completely. First two QFs on tonight

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SnookerInfo147/status/1748086589115208037?t=sz5e3fyP1UC6DC6082A70w&s=19