The Snooker Thread (Part 2)

Thatā€™s some win

The wizard of Wishaw has done it

Unbelievable drama. Allen will be sick. Left both the last frames behind

Big. John. Higgins.

Hail Hail

Best second round match since the classic between Hendry and Jimmy back in the grandstand days

Besides the Alex Higgins clearance, the one that springs to mind is by John Higgins in the deciding frame of the 2006 Masters final at Wembley against Ronnie Oā€™Sullivan from 60 odd points down. It was the final match ever at Wembley Conference Centre.

That clearance just now challenges it. A moment of snooker greatness.

In our heart of hearts, we all knew Lisowski wasnā€™t going to do it in the other match. Bingham goes through 13-11.

1 Like

Allen just canā€™t do it in Sheffield

1 Like

He did nowt wrong in that match.

You should have backed Wilson today!

1 Like

Jimmy made a great total clearance to win that if I remember rightly. Was on a Saturday morning. 1988 the first edition of this great championship I watched.

1 Like

Ken and his office wife doing their best to make Higgins cry here.

Heā€™ll have nightmares about that shot with the rest but he could scarcely have imagined heā€™d be punished for it like that.

Heā€™s heading into Jimmy and Angles now

Allen will have nightmares about that last red in Frame 18 that he missed to the middle after a loose positional shot. That would have put him 11-7 up. That was the real turning point.

Those are the margins at the top

It actually wasnā€™t a difficult double on the red. The rest thoughā€¦.

1 Like

There was only one difficult red in the clearance and that was down to his one poor positional shot. Letā€™s not go overboard on it. For bottle under pressure it was impressive alright

Context is everything. Thereā€™s nothing easy in that situation.

Did I hear Angles right there, only the eight match in Crucible history to be settled on the black?

1 Like

Flying over this evening.

Table 1 for tomorrow morning :slight_smile:

12 Likes