1 Like

Shocking standard

Terrible

Lovely scenes.

Ah fantastic scenes!

1 Like

Fair play to Wilson, not many reach everest

2 Likes

Very enjoyable final. Tough old style match play snooker on very tight pockets.

1 Like

Nobody will remember the standard in a few weeks when his name is on the cup.

Who had Wilson backed?

@boollshoote @starryplough ?

1 Like

I will.

4 Likes

I’m trying to imagine this presentation in an arena in Saudi Arabia. It’s a fairly grim thought.

1 Like

Not me. Instantly forgettable tournament actually probably not- it will go down as one of the worst standard championship ever. I will be amazed if yer man jones gets to any final ever again!

2 Likes

Ah go way will you,

Wilson is a deserved winner and beat what was put in front of him.

He’s a very good player, probably not the top top but has been consistently in the top 16 for a decade now,

And those scenes at the end with the kids and family were what it’s all about,

2 Likes

He’s taken his chance this year with none of the top men firing. Good luck to him.

The only seeded player he beat was 13th seed John Higgins. Higgins can’t string back to back performances together anymore. Mark Allen is the player above all who has reason to be kicking himself.

1 Like

Goodbye Crucible for another year. The full theme playing over the closing credits was always the signalling of the start of summer.

1 Like

It all starts again on July 15th with the Shanghai Masters!

3 Likes

It didn’t work out too bad after. I’ll have to get my photo with Wilson framed :slight_smile:

10 Likes

A small nibble ew pre tournament @22/1. Backed him and Higgins anticipating one would get on a run in that half of the draw :ronnyroar:

4 Likes