The Snooker Thread (Part 2)

I had a look there and Covid seems to have had an impact a well.

Probably stuck out in Hong Kong

My granny loved the snooker and she took a great fancy for Marco Fu when he came on the scene.

He reached the Grand Prix final as unknown in 1998 but I think he lost it to Stephen Lee. My granny was spellbound by him. The next day we went for a day trip to Belfast, it was the October Bank Holiday Monday. When we sitting in a cafe, my granny, who’d start a conversation with four bare walls, sparked up conversations with women at a couple of other tables, and asked both if had they seen the snooker the previous night, “did ye see that young lad Marcah Fu, aw he was powerful!” The women hadn’t seen the snooker.

So I’ve always had a liking for Marco Fu based on my granny’s liking for him.

4 Likes

Hill 7-3 up. Michael Judge hammered 10-2

1 Like

Hill wins 10-3

1 Like

Jimmy playing in second round this afternoon

1 Like

Ken playing this morning

1 Like

It would be a great tonic for @Cheasty if Jimmy pulls it off this year, which he will

While I’m quietly optimistic this will be the year Jimmy finally lands that elusive first world title, I think what will probably happen against whoever he’s playing today is he’ll lose the first frame, win the second frame, and then finish the session 1-8 down, or on an optimistic reading, 2-7 down after being level at 2-2.

Ken is currently 4-1 up

Ken 5-3 up now. Smirker has a mountain to climb he is 7-2 down.

Jimmy is up in a minute - if he plays like he has been doing in the last couple of months he should be winning.

2 Likes

Reanne could take Ken.

1 Like

Jimmy 3 nil down - he missed frame ball in last frame and the other chap did a 66 clearance to win.

Jimmy’s a great man to miss frame ball and have the other lad clean up in the qualifiers.

O’Donnell beat Marco Fu well in the first round

aye he isn’t a bad old player to be fair but he has never qualified so is an ideal opponent for jimmy

Jimmy needs to win this frame as he has had plenty of chances so far

3-1 jimmy got lucky there!

Is Stephen Hendry playing his ex-missus nephew?

Yea think so .