The Sobriety Thread

You shouldn’t have been so snappy with him. He’s getting on now and he doesn’t need to be barked at about the routine errors that creep in at his age. Have you apologised to him?

I am thinking of having a couple of James’s and some beers while watching Don’t be a menace in south central while drinking your juice in the hood.

Might give it up after the Christmas. Your an inspiration Bomber. :clap:

Thanks pal.

+1

Signing in - gonna go the rest of November hopefully. The fact that I’ve spent today in an absolute heap because of last night is definitely helping my decision.

Signing in

I was with a college mate last night, she was asking me if I thought 30 bottles of wine a month was too much to be drinking , Jesus wept , she is a teacher and a very balanced person , a half bottle of wine a night and she goes into over drive Ar the weekend. She’s been at this for at least 6 mths, married with 4 kids and a lovely person

I’m going to give this sober craic a try for the next few weeks. I started jogging a few times a week there a while ago but because of booze I haven’t been out in two weeks which means I’ll die seven deaths when I go out this week. Was at a wedding yesterday too, fit for nothing today after it.

I can’t understand people like that. I wouldn’t mind having a few bottles of chilled beer a few Friday evenings a year to unwind after a tough week’s work but a person who would drink half a bottle of wine every evening has problems.

I tend to drink 5 or 6 pints three evenings a week and maybe 10 - 12 on friday saturday and sunday with a bottle of vodka between the three - is that too much?

No, by west Clare standards your nothing short of a pussy

ah i moved out of west clare mate, i had to tone down the drinking a bit, my colleagues were a bit concerned.

you should gradually increase your intake until you reach a real man’s weekly throughput :pint:

A glass of wine with the dinner and another watching the soaps? 4 kids and a teaching job creates stress, wine allows people to unwind.

She’d be better to keep it to a glass but its when you open a second bottle it becomes a problem. I assume her husband is part of the ritual.

The half bottles of wine are a great job.

[quote=“Kinvara, post: 721858”]

I think that’s called alcohol dependency rather than alcoholism but it’s still not a good thing.

Yeah, its not a great way to live your life alright.

Most people are not as ‘dependent’ as its perceived though. Myself and herself went through a 6 month patch of this a few years ago after we moved into the house. We had a moment of clarity one day as we made a trip to the bottle bank… cut it out there and then. Didn’t miss it, pure habit.

Well said pal.

[quote=“Kinvara, post: 721860”]
This sounds similAr, what was the catalyst for you stopping, joint decision and mutual support ?

Signing in for my sixth week, guys.

Hasta la Victoria Siempre!

I’d say that was a cry from the heart Kid. Does she fancy you.