The Soccer coaches thread

I just donā€™t know why they donā€™t just make it kicking only then. The throwing is just a stupid concession and makes a bollox out of it.

It is very obvious to me the teams that have better coaches. Makes a huge difference at that age.

thatā€™s exactly us, weā€™d have x4 teams of 7, all u7s, games usually 10mins
i have exactly the same situation there but by and large its absolutly shit

What is the point of that?

That about all 80% of them would be capable of and it keeps the game moving. Why would a 6 year old need to be able to pick and run with the ball ?

1 Like

Shelbourne lads. They take it very seriously. We played them today and the first two games were decent enough. 5 v 5 on two pitches and our lads came out on top.
Onto the second two games. Our lads doing well again. Half time in the second match they take all their good players from both sides and put them on the one team leaving all their weaker players on one team. Their weaker team got smashed about 15 nil in the second game. Absolutely abandoned their weaker players.

2 Likes

what age group is that juhy?
we only ever did that once I think.
we have x4 u7 teams, we play Coaching leagues every Friday and train Tuesday and Sunday.

now the coaching league teams are mixed ability, 8 players , we play 5 a side 40 Min game and roll on off subsā€¦scores not counted.

OKā€¦ in August there was a tournament we entered, a decision was made to only bring the 8 strongest ā€¦scores are counted in this as there were groups and we were beating teams 17-1ā€¦I remember we put 10 past Howth in the semi final and I thought christ this is some sideā€¦we beat some team them from dundalk DL in the finalā€¦

do I agree with this?Iā€™m not sure.
I do know that 2 of our lads are off to some team in Dublin for trials so we ll loose them.

thatā€™s soccer thoā€¦its all about getting ahead

Glenavon were down to us about a month ago as well juhniallo and did exactly as you outlined about shels there

2 Likes

2014 kids so most of them are seven by now. Thereā€™s a load of kids in our club for that age so our first teams are pretty strong. Iā€™m fine if teams want to put out their strongest team or whatever. Switching teams halfway through a match and letting one of your teams get fucking murdered is not cool at all. What does it say to those kids? Youā€™re shit and we only really care about these lads? Thatā€™s a bit mental.

3 Likes

Bohs and Shels with their British Army history arenā€™t big believers in fair play mate

2 Likes

Rovers teach their kids to professional foul. Highly effective in a no refs environment.

Professional fouls are an art

1 Like

just arrived at the dortmund academy for the weekend @balbec
x10 u7s and x13 u12s
some set up

13 Likes

Deadly.

Whatā€™s the craic? Did you guys set that up or is it some sort of tournament? Absolutely savage

@Spidey st mochtss have a sunday team out your way.

Tried and canā€™t get into it - full up unfortunately

Joined a soccer team just inside Meath border who have just switched to Sundays, happy days all round

1 Like

They hadnt the full compliment today anyway. Your lad is 7?

Didnt see edit. All good.

2 Likes

He is yeah. Has a few pals there and thought it would be handy to get into. Collie Hawkins holds the keys to the panels and has a big waiting list.
He played today out in st Itaā€™s. Great to see some management and parents pulling the hometown decision card :joy:

1 Like

Really? Jesus thereā€™s very little of that in ours. Rovers the only ones who were cynical. How would parents be involved anyway? Mental!

Just on the sideline and a ball clearly hit one of their players and they claimed it was their throw. Game was ultra competitive and kids had no bother getting stuck in though.

1 Like