The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters šŸ

thats the same race a sea light !

@Kid Chocolate if you havenā€™t put on that L15 yet then put Jupitor in it

Lads, seriously, a horse that empties like that in a King George can never be considered a Gold Cup contender. Anyway, regarding tomorrows racing, my usual late evening meandering thoughts.

In Leopardstown - nothing jumps out in the first. My usual selection Dick Dundee canā€™t be deserted in the 2nd. Blue Bicycle jumps out in the next but not massively. A race Iā€™d be happy to leave if I had to. The next could be a race for the ages or a massive blowout. Pricewise has gone with Jezki at 10/3 so thatā€™s been hoovered up. I could try poke holes in the Fly but Iā€™m not going to. Basically Our Conor is a superstar and I believe thereā€™s going to be limited enough opportunities to back him at the likes of 5/2 for the rest of his career. I canā€™t leave it pass tomorrow. In the next, the front 2 appear to have it to themselves. A morning job.

The next for me is the most intriguing race of the day. I love Morning Assembly (pocket talk from Punchestown) and he impressed me a lot with his 2 runs over fences. The race against Don Cossack shouldnā€™t be read into as it was a sprint race between the 2. However, the other Irish novice I love is Bright New Dawn. I struggle to separate them so at current prices Bright New Dawn has to be a bet. As mentioned already Iā€™ve doubled BND and Our Conor. But this might be Morning Assemblys last chance to win a big one with Ruby on board as heā€™ll hardly avoid any Mullins hotpots from here on. But at the same time, Iā€™d like a bit of a drift or a gamble on JPā€™s one or something else before backing him. The type of one Iā€™d hope would get to 7/4 or bigger closer to the off. Heā€™ll never be a fashionable horse and will always be underpriced. Actions in the bumper will be dependant on other results.

In Limerick, very little interests me apart from Chicago and Jupitor. Minella Gathering should also run a better race than his 33/1 price.

:clap:

[quote=ā€œthedancingbaby, post: 878849, member: 48ā€]Captainofthefleet interest me in Limerick
[/quote]
Iā€™m on fire :clap:

Thatā€™s over 50/1 treble :clap:

[quote=ā€œMac, post: 879274, member: 109ā€]Lads, seriously, a horse that empties like that in a King George can never be considered a Gold Cup contender. [/quote}
[/quote]
Not certain he emptied though, SC quickened on the ground when it mattered CC didnā€™t. He was not stopping when he won at Haydock, going further ahead the further they went if anything. On better ground at Cheltenham and taking into mind the odds I definitely wouldnā€™t be ruling out Cue Card because of the distance

He definitely emptied , stride went to pieces tizzard looked back in panic as he felt it happening. Tizzards are pretty astute would be truely shocked if cc got gold cup entry after that

GC betting rule no 1 - never back a horse with stamina doubts, itā€™s a grave yard littered with them

Laz, youā€™ve been watching racing for a long time - CC emptied, pure and simple. The Haydock race needs a massive * beside it due to the moving of the track, the timings and the time of the race.

Dick Dundee a NR as is Minella Gathering.

The Voice agrees with me on Blue Bicycle and has also put up Wrong Turn and Annie Oakley

Sprinter grand again and back at hendersons

Some punt on Elliottā€™s bumper horse at Leopardstown.

Was as big as 3/1 last night

The Voice strikes with Wrong Turn in a race with about 7 horses falling or being brought down and loss horses everywhere.

Blue Bicycle is strongly fancied in the 1.30

Iā€™ve thrown the 3 Voice picks into a patent to keep me interested for the afternoon. Chicago bowling along in front here in Limerick

Chicago :clap:

Great stuff Mac:clap:

well done @Mac, your luck is changing.

Too long mate
It looked a case of being outstayed by SC than emptying out to me and on good ground at Cheltenham, a track he loves, I reckon CC is capable of finding an extra gear. Im not saying CC wins the Gold Cup but I wouldnā€™t let his run in the KG rule him out of the reckoning and Iā€™d have him closer to 5/1 than the 10s currently available myself.