The Tennis Thread

The US Open crowd are really an ignorant shower of apes. Shouting out while the player is in the middle of the service motion.

Nothing to touch Federer at his best. He’s six years older than Djokovic. Djokovic only got to grips with Federer once Federer was in his veteran years in his 30’s.

3 Likes

Federer’s first 10 slams were against nobodies

1 Like

Agreed

Nadal and djokovic beat fed on the head to head

1 Like

There is certainly a great argument to be made for Djokovic becoming the GOAT but at the minute Nadal has three more slams, 2 more masters 1000, has a better head to head in slams.

A prime Djokovic doesn’t wipe the floor with Nadal either, they’ve been involved in some of the greatest games of all time.

The 2012 Australian Open final and the this year’s Wimbledon semi final were all barnstomers and some of the greatest games you’d ever see.

The tennis calendar is also much more favourable to Djokovic given his best surface is hard courts.

I think we can both agree that Nadal and Djokovic are both miles ahead of Federer as the GOAT.

You’re essentially arguing that Djokovic has to equal or overtake Nadal’s haul of 17 Grand Slams before he can be ranked ahead of Nadal. Lot of work for Djokovic to do to match or overtake the GOAT haul of 20.

Nope. I’m saying at the minute Nadal has a better head to head in slams, more slams, more Masters 1000s.

The next few years will tell a lot. Both are currently above Federer.

1 Like

Only in your warped little mind.

No. Based on facts.

Here’s the facts

Championship wins: 8 Federer 4 Djokovic 2 Nadal

Grand Slam wins: 20 Federer 17 Nadal 14 Djokovic

Roger peds doesn’t even Show up at the French open anymore. A total coward.

1 Like

Nadal in 2018 - quit on his chair in Melbourne when losing. Quit on his chair at US Open when losing. Coward.

Here’s the facts.

Slams post 2011

Nadal 14
Djokovic 14
Federer 8

Head to head records at slams

Nadal Federer 9-3
Nadal Djokovic 9-5
Djokovic Federer 9-6

As has been consistently noted Federer made hay when Nadal and Djokovic were in early years and his main rivals were journeymen like Roddick, Hewitt, Nalbandian, Safin, Bagdathis etc.

Yawn, yawn, yawn. Maybe if Nadal stopped quitting on his chair in Slams he would win more, maybe if the moon was a bit higher in the sky the weather would be better. Look the facts are and it cannot be disputed is that Federer has won 20 Slams, whether he won them when Nadal was in nappies or Djokovic was playing with his rattle is neither here not there, he has won 20 Slams, Nadal has won 17 and Djokovic 14 thats it.

Just because it suits you to say it was before Nadal, well in case you don’t realise Tennis existed before Nadal, like the All Ireland Football championship existed before Tyrone won anything, Like the football league existed in England before the Premiership. Build a bridge and get over it.

1 Like

The truth hurts. Why has Federer an inferior head to head record with both Djokovic and Nadal at slams?

They’ve both played in the same era. All you have to do is look at how Federer’s main competitors pre Nadal and Djokovic faired when the two greatest came along. To inflate Federer you have to do so by inflating the field he was competing with in his early years and doing so fails to hold up to scrutiny.

I came on here for the first time to see ask what @Cicero_Dandi made of the Serena melt down because I don’t know enough about tennis to really judge.

I have seen that @Cicero_Dandi owns this thread and also owns @GeoffreyBoycott’s mind. He has been occupying space in Boycott’s mind for years like an unwanted squatter and Boycott will never be rid of him. I now think that Boycott might be the most pathetic character on the whole TFK, which is saying something, @Cicero_Dandi owns his life basically. I would 100% believe that when Boycott goes to bed he dreams of arguing with Cicero on TFK.

4 Likes

@Cicero_Dandi, I know very little about tennis and came here to ask about your opinion on the Serena Williams meltdown, because you’re a top-level sports analyst and I don’t know enough about tennis to judge the situation. In particular I would be grateful if you would turn your encyclopedic sports knowledge and super-computer like analytical skills to the following questions (please note that I make no attempt to wind you up and am not so interested in your top-class debating skills on this occasion):-

(i) Serena says that men get signals from their coaches all the time but never get penalised. Is this true?
(ii) Serena says that men smash rackets and don’t get penalised, is this true?
(iii) Serena says that men verbally assault umpires and don’t get penalised. Is this true?
(iv) Even if they call the umpire a thief or something similarly strong?
(v) Would Serena have won with a different umpire?
(vi) Is Serena correct that she is the victim of discrimination here or is she just inventing excuses?
(vii) Do you have any other thoughts or comments you wish to add?

1 Like
  1. Everyone does to a certain degree. It is generally unforced and difficult to so consistently. A silly rule IMO.

2. Generally yes.

3. Absolutely. Look at the video I’ve put of Federer’s meltdown at the 2009 US Open final.

4. That was certainly deserving of a warning.

5. No.

6. Making excuses but she has some valid points.

7. Federer runs tennis and always gets special treatment from tournament officials regarding scheduling and court speeds.

2 Likes

Cheers pal. I will recount this down the pub like I know what I’m talking about.

2 Likes

What a load of shite?

It doesn’t matter whether coaching is done or not, her coach was caught coaching and the rule applied. The Umpire was correct.

They do get penalised, the problem here was that Serena had already got a code violation for the coaching so when the second was given for smashing the racket then the point was deducted. So whats the problem?

Again as usual you haven’t a fucking clue, the reason why Serena got the final warning was because she didn’t stop. If you look at most players they moan at the umpire and then let it go, Serena just kept on going at it. If she had of stopped nothing would have happened. All her own fault.

Serena wouldn’t have won that match on Saturday with another umpire, the main reason for the meltdown was that Osaka was destroying her, Osaka won the first set 6-2 and Serena had no answer for it, Serena was up a break in the Second set but again Osaka came back and broke Serena and then held her own serve to tie up the set, that is when the real meltdown started.

As usual with he Federer bashing but it has been shown that Nadal gets favorable treatment as do all the top players, it is one of the perks that comes with being a top player.

As usual @Cicero_Dandi is spouting his usual shite like he did on the Football Championship when he supports Mickey Hartes support of a rapist.

1 Like