The Tennis Thread

I’m not the guy that thinks beating women is cool

Federer is the most sporting player in tennis. 13 Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship awards in the last 14 years from his fellow players bear testament to that.

You’re the guy that commended a rapist/paediphile cover up at Chelsea FC.

I stopped supporting the west London blues because of it

Change your username

Well that awards a joke when you look at the contempt he shows umpires. Do you condone his attitude to the umpire in the video above.

“Stop showing me your hands”
“Don’t tell me to be quiet”
“I don’t give a shit OK”
“Don’t tell me the fucking rules”

Brattish behaviour.

2 Likes

No you didn’t. You only stopped supporting them when they weren’t winning last season You were still expressing support for Chelsea here for nearly a year on from commending them for the rapist/paedophile cover up.

Yes, it’s not an easy decision stepping away from a club you love, took time

Geoff Boycott trying to airbrush the video showing Federer treating an umpire with contempt out of history.

Another glowing example of his hypocrisy that he won’t even address the brattish behaviour of Federer.

1 Like

It was the most self indulgent and ill advised display of petulance against a correct officiating decision I’ve seen since Gianluigi Buffon threw the toys out of the pram after Michael Oliver correctly awarded a penalty to Real Madrid and sent him off.

Miss Williams has plenty of previous form at the US Open of this kind of carry on when losing - semi final against Kim Clijsters in 2009 and Samantha Stosur in 2011 two notorious cases in point.

@GeoffreyBoycott

Are you ok with a tennis player talking to an umpire like that?

1 Like

Does she have a daughter?

Roid rage.

2 Likes

On a weekend that has seen Nadal quit on his chair in a Grand Slam when losing (again) and Serena Williams throw the toys out of the pram at the US Open when losing (again), @Cicero_Dandi is frantically trawling youtube to wage his personal grudge against 13 times Stefan Edberg most sporting player of the year Roger Federer and pulls up a clip from nearly a decade ago in 2009.

Pressure can do funny things. We’ve this image of Serena built up as being an ice woman when it comes to winning but that’s twice now in queens when immortality was on the line she completely lost her nerve. A few years ago when going for the calendar grand slam she lost to an Italian whose name escapes me with another hapless Italian lying in wait in final. Yesterday she was chasing miss courts record and once again the wheels came off.
I don’t believe Steffi Graf or even Justine Henin would have fluffed either of those opportunities.

2 Likes

You won’t even address the issue, you want to airbrush Federer’s horrible language and brattish behaviour out of history. There is nothing frantic about me bringing up history and evidence of it, there is everything frantic about your attempts to deny this evidence.

Do you condone Federer’s attack on the umpire? Have you ever condemned it like you’ve done about Serena?

You have also been found out telling bare faced lies regarding Nadal and Bernardes.

Carlos Ramos another umpire that prima donna Nadal doesn’t want officating. Nadal got his way with Berndardes for a long time but a stronger more resolute governing body no longer bowing to these prima donnas as Miss Williams found out last night.

Rafael Nadal lambasted chair umpire Carlos Ramos at his pre-quarter-final match against Roberto Bautista Agut at the French Open yesterday, saying he would “never chair another of his matches again.”

He confirmed that he had done so in the post-match press conference.

Top hope for the French Open 2017 and former World No. 1 Rafael Nadal yesterday demolished compatriot Roberto Bautista Agut in straight sets – 6-1, 6-2, 6-2 and may have had no trouble there. Although Ramos took only 5 games in the entire match, Nadal was still unhappy during play, specifically with the chair umpire Carlos Ramos.

Nadal took a significant amount of time between games and a lot of time to start serve. This prompted umpire Carlos Ramos to issue a warning to Nadal, something that did not go down well with the 9-time French Open winner.

“When I finish a point on the fly, can’t I get my towel?” Nadal questioned Ramos, saying “with others yes I can, but never with you.”

“You will have to give me a lot of warnings during this game. Give me the warnings you can because you will not referee me any more ,” he told Ramos at the end of the match.

Nadal later referred to the incident in his post-match press conference, saying “I’m not satisfied with that, but it’s not new… some referees put more pressure than others, you have to accept it, some like to show up, it does not sound good because there are rules. The referees are there to analyze the game, not to hold a stopwatch, or else to put a stopwatch on the court.”

**Nadal has been disciplined for time violations before, most famously by chair umpire Carlos Bernardes. Following a 2015 dispute in Rio between the pair, which was also for time violations between serves, Nadal made a special request to the ATP, asking for Bernardes to be barred from umpiring any of Nadal’s matches. **

Although uncommon, the ATP acceded to Nadal’s request; perhaps Nadal will make that same request again with regard to Ramos.

Bernardes officiated at Nadal’s third round game at Wimbledon and hit him with two further violations, continuing his longstanding vindictive grudge against Rafa, it’s completely acceptable Nadal does not want him officiating his games.

You are still refusing to condemn Federer’s brattish behavior.

Do you think the following is an acceptable way to treat and speak to a match official?

“I don’t give a shit OK”

1 Like

Bernardes is one of the top umpires in the game. He’s even handed and fair and applies the rules to all players. Nadal’s issue with Bernardes and Carlos Ramos is that they are two of the few umpires who will pull up any player regardless of who he or she is for infraction of the rules/cheating. Invariably that resuls in Nadal getting called up for his gamesmanship.

You’re still outright refusing to even address the despicable lack of respect and brattish behaviour Federer shows to umpires?

I will ask for the final time whether you condone Federer’s behaviour below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZB9JfhzLzE

“I don’t give a shit OK”

A non-reponse on this issue confirms to me that you condone it which makes any other comment about behaviour of tennis players towards umpires utterly hollow and a complete contradiction.