The TFK GAA Review of 2009

They hardly threw it away, they were unlucky to loose a cracking game, but to say they threw it away would suggest Cork didn’t deserve it. Cork had the better individual displays that day, that was the difference.[/quote]

Kev Dublin shot 16 wides to Cork’s 3 and messed up a sitter of a free on full-time that would have taken it to extra-time by going short and looking for a goal. It was a game that Dublin had at their mercy with a bit of composure and was a definite throw away.

Down I think hit one wide when they beat Dublin minors in the quarter final.

[quote=“sid waddell”]Kev Dublin shot 16 wides to Cork’s 3 and messed up a sitter of a free on full-time that would have taken it to extra-time by going short and looking for a goal. It was a game that Dublin had at their mercy with a bit of composure and was a definite throw away.

Down I think hit one wide when they beat Dublin minors in the quarter final.[/quote]

You kinda proved my point, Cork (and obviously Down) had better individuals. While the Dubs were able to work the ball well into the “red zone” they didn’t have the players to kick it over, Cork and Down did. Simple as. I wouldn’t know them all very well, but saw a few with DCU, and they couldn’t even make that team, are any of them going to be certain starters for Dublin seniors next year? Cork have at least 3, thats a big difference.

HIGHLIGHTS:

• Mossy Waters’ shoulder on some biff cunt at the start of the championship game in Wexford Park.
  • Clonard losing the county Junior football quarter final.
  • The All-Ireland senior hurling final.
  • Faythe Harriers and Sarsfields winning the prestigious Wexford Senior B hurling and football titles respectively.
  • Volunteers getting relegated from Intermediate football.

LOWLIGHTS:

• Witnessing an embarrassing Wexford hurling capitulation in Casement Park.
  • Wexford hurlers’ performance in the Divison 2 League Final.
  • Most Wexford senior football matches I attended, including the sole victory over Offaly.
  • But most particularly the two Wexford football qualifier games against Roscommon (at least we’d a good laugh on the piss in Galway after the replay).
  • Wexford minor and U21 footballers getting hidings off every cunt.
  • The shambolic U21 hurling display against Dublin in Parnell Park.
  • The minor hurlers losing valiantly after extra time to Tipperary when they could/should have won.
  • Losing at home to Limerick in senior hurling; for fuck sake.
  • Those inbred, insular, paranoid halfwits from Oulart winning the Wexford hurling championship.
  • Matty Forde being in bits.

Thats very hard on inbred, insular, paranoid halfwits. Their life is hard enough without being associated with Oulart.