The TFK Vote Exchange Programme

Yeah but I choose to view it through my anti FG prism instead.

Kenny will be delighted. Does anyone think they actually wanted rid of the senate? A delightfully vengeful stroke by Herr Enda to bestow this no win task on his nemesis Bruton

David Norris had some foul smelling diarrhoea. I had to hear that on the radio, so the rest of ye have to read it now.

:clap::pint:

Fionnan Sheehan needs to sort his hair out. If he had a bit of a fringe, it would hide some of his massive forehead and he’d look like less of a psycho.

Super day for democracy. Just like the good old days when we rejected ZANU FFs referenda to abolish proportional representation. The Irish bite back when proto dictators seek to cut back on the little bit of democracy we have.

Fuck you Enda.

And fuck you eejits like Fintan O’Toole calling on people to spoil their votes by writing Reform on the ballot paper.

And interesting to note that the constituencies to vote yes were generally those constituencies where the majority of the populace believe in pookahs and fairies and elect hobgoblins like the Healy Raes and Lowry.

Well called Mac.

Thanks Fagan, got 13/2 with Betfair. As posted above it was available at 12’s last night at one point which was crazy.

I wouldn’t doubt you.

An undemocratic upper house, like the House of Lords used be in in the uk, is an extremely valuable brake on the likes of tony Blair who happily sent the country and with it a large part of the world to war, with hundreds of thousands of deaths, and anarchy for many of the countries concerned, just so he could make a few quid. ( A good few quid as it turns out). Professional politicians , other than eamon o cuiv, should be exiled. Anything that reduces their number can only be a good thing.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 840622, member: 1”]First of all I didn’t ask any questions.

Secondly, feel free to have as much criticism of the Irish system as you want but please do not pretend that a commonwealth country with a queen of as head of state represents something we should aspire to.

Thirdly, the fact that your queen is apparently irrelevant but you still have her as head of state isn’t something to be proud of or boastful of. At least the Brits get tourism from having her live there. The remarkable reform agenda doesn’t seem to have extended as far as removing that jokeshop of a head of state. That’s a situation to be sneered at and mocked, not admired.

Fourthly, Australia is a federal country, its system of government is completely different to Ireland’s and not comparable.

Fifthly, Australia is not a beacon of democracy. It’s a shining example of how inward, racist, self-congratulatory and smug a population can become if they manage to steal land from an indigenous population and persecute them for a couple of centuries. You’ll forgive me if I cool my admiration a little.[/quote]
Yep, she’s not a half the statesman that Michael d is. :-).

Michael D is a national treasure.

Himself and his wife look like they should be propping up the bar in Star Wars.