The things you buy in Aldi and Lidl thread. (Think before you buy - reduce waste)

I’ve started going to Aldi a bit lately, much bigger range.

Better alright, I can easily walk to a Lidl and it’s grand but I prefer aldi

It’ll widen your hole for sure…

@Fagan_ODowd @Funtime @Rocko @thedancingbaby @Big_Dan_Campbell @daraghj82
Lidl portmarnock are 33% off all fresh meat, fish and poultry this week when you spend 30€

2 Likes

Where is the Lidl in Portmarnock?

I normally go to the big one in Coolock which is a pleasure to walk around. The Baldoyle one is to be avoided at all costs.

Portmarnock City centre… You can’t miss it.

1 Like

It’s in German Discount Supermarket complex over on third

Enjoying one of the new curry range from Aldi. I was dubious enough about the Vindaloo claims to be “extra hot” but it fairness it’s fairly burning the mouth off me.

2 Likes

Lidl have their eridanous Greek stuff range in again. The kilo tub of yogurt is fucking fantastic, wish they had it regularly. The halloumi is decent and the coriander pittas are nice and very handy to keep around.

I just ate a warm chili cheese focaccia from Lidl Killarney for breakfast, it’s better than most takeaway pizzas for a fraction of the price

1 Like

How does it compare to an authentic vindaloo in terms of hotness/flavour?

How the fuck would a roaster from Askeaton be able to answer that?

2 Likes

1.2kg bag of coffee beans €6.99 in Lidl on Monday. It’s the house blend here, and it’s good. Will be stocking up early, as some of the coffee shops use it and buy up to a dozen bags of it as it’s on special only about 3 times a year…

If you’d be familiar with the Aldi curry sauces, which as jars go are very decent then it’s along the same lines flavour wise. As hot I’ve had for a shop bought curry but the heat didn’t linger and it was still a good bit off what you’d get in a restaurant.

A hp laptop. Arrived about 7.50 to a queue of people waiting for the shop to open. I was promptly handed a ticket and informed I had got the last one.

What’s the spec so we can mock it and call you a mug

2 Likes

One of them HP Streams I suppose?

2GB RAM and 32GB of storage.

Good luck with that!

We were aware of this. The laptop will be used to run one presentation and nothing else so it doesn’t need to to have alloy wheels or anything.

1 Like

Be grand for snake. Probably run Prince of Persia too if you push it.

7 Likes

Did you see any LG TVs left in there?

1 Like