The Tony Browne Appreciation Thread

And the Tipp lad on the line ducked.

:rolleyes:

I only skim read your post but was that as part of a bonding session for the Waterford team, or was he hawking his services in Galway?

He jumped out of the way

signing in. Tony works in 3 mobile in Dungarvan.

You’d have to trowel through the reams of muck on this site for months before you’d find a query as relevant as that

Signing in. Legend.

Absolutely fantastic player. Tremendous career with Waterford. Never tried to hog the media limelight either, did it on the pitch and left it at that.

Signing in, easily my favorite Waterford player of all time, possibly top 3 from any county.
Wonderful servant for them and has been said, a pure stickman, as pure as you can be almost.

Aye some stickman alright. Some man to wield his caman

Signing in.
His place in the annals of Waterford GAA was assured as far back as 1992 when he captained the U-21’s to beat an insanely talented Offaly team in the All Ireland.
However what he went on to achieve afterwards has given him legendary status, it’s unlikely we’ll ever see his likes again.
Enjoy your retirement Tony and thanks for the many great memories over the past 23 years!!!

He will go in the anals of hurling as a wristy stickman. Colin Lynch quitened him good and proper in 98 though. Good and proper

Far too physical a job for any sportsman.
Nobody could keep that up and I assume he didn’t either.

He was a great man to throw up a cornice aswell i believe

Davy has two Ireland medals, Tony has none.

At the end of the day the likes of brown and mcgrath will always go down as bottlers. Whilst clare are winners

Signing in.

One of my favourite ever hurling players.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 933182, member: 24”]Signing in.

One of my favourite ever hurling players.[/QUOTE]

Or hurlers even?

Three, you mean.

Indeed.