The Voucher Swindle

Anyone get Christmas Vouchers only to be told that the shop won’t redeem them? Heard something on the radio this morning about Top Shop refusing to redeem their own Vouchers. I can’t believe a shop could get away with doing that?

Xaaavi (or whatever Virgin megastore used to be) have doen the same. Voucher holder will be treated the same as any other unsecured creditor and will ultimately end up getting a few cent in the euro. I guess legally voucher holders canty be seen to be treated better than other creditors

I reckon if you sent a little kid in with those vouchers into any shop the staff would just let em away with it rather than explain the situation, why would they bother there arse they gonna lose there job anyway probably

Doubt that’s true Dan. Other unsecured creditors aren’t protected by consumer legislation as well as contract law.

Anyway surely Top Shop aren’t in danger of going under are they?

[quote=“therock67”]

Anyway surely Top Shop aren’t in danger of going under are they?[/quote]

I was half asleep myself when I heard it on the radio, trying to find out on the interweb if its true, but cant find anything.

Voucher holder will be treated the same as any other unsecured creditor

This bit I heard on the radio last week

I guess legally voucher holders canty be seen to be treated better than other creditors

This bit I was guessing at, didnt think of the consumer angle

Dont know anything about topshop but wouldnt be surprised.

anyone know how the likes of habitat etc finished up, were people who had bought and not received furniture treated as sunsecured creditors?

Top Shop are part of a big retail group, it would be huge if they were in trouble.

Maybe?

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/retailing/article5209660.ece

looking at the brands in the group it would be more of
a surprise if they wernt struggling

Ya I heard the same thing about Topshop on the radio yesterday morning but they didn’t give any details. They were discussing the Zavi vouchers on some radio show last week and it was said the holders would be treated the same as all other creditors.

The sister got a Zavi voucher at Christmas but went straight in the first day they were open and used it.

"Through his Arcadia Group, which includes the likes of Topshop, Miss Selfridge and Burtons, and Bhs, Sir Philip’s businesses dominate high street fashion. However, the data, which is not released publicly, shows that his companies are losing out to supermarkets, at least in terms of volume. "

Who the fook buys their clothes in supermarkets (apart from farmer)?!

Do people go into Tesco with a list “bread, milk, biscuits, jeans, fruit, t-shirt, spuds, socks…” ?

lads beware of the terms and conditions on ryanair vouchers… 1. only valid for 6 months and 2. if you only spend part of the voucher … they redeem the rest of said voucher some joke

People who buy cheap clothes in places like Top Man deserve what they get.

Chalk that…

[quote=“The Runt”]Ya I heard the same thing about Topshop on the radio yesterday morning but they didn’t give any details. They were discussing the Zavi vouchers on some radio show last week and it was said the holders would be treated the same as all other creditors.

The sister got a Zavi voucher at Christmas but went straight in the first day they were open and used it.[/quote]

if they are still trading chance your arm with the person behind the counter

Some what related - Sony have made huge losses. That’s surprising. Recessions are weird.