The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

Goals are saved for Croke Park

3 Likes

Great win for Mayo. They’ll take stopping.

Hon Mayo :clap:

1 Like

Mayo for Sam

:roll_eyes:

What we’d give to have Shane Walsh.

Everything on Tiktok is in bad taste

1 Like

Bullet points.

Don’t think I can read anything written by that cretin.

1 Like

-Mayo weren’t always failures/laughing stock

• Mayo live and breathe football
  • Don’t stop believing.
  • win or lose they’ll be on the booze on Saturday
  • Mayo wont ever stop being Mayo

Minors beaten 1-9 to 1-7 by Sligo. Sligo vs Roscommon final

1 Like

One of TJ and Fat Larry’s finest hours this week.

1 Like

the GGA wit is second to none - 15 years of bogball & this is the anecdote that will never be forgotten

Tom Parsons was the prankster of the group and really came into his own on trips away.

There was one notorious joke he used to frequently pull at airports, whether Mayo were flying off to face New York or London, or heading away on a team holiday.

“We would always have had our boarding passes printed for us by the county board secretary as we were being checked in as a group,” Drake explains.

“Tom used to stand beside one of the newer squad members who wasn’t accustomed to how things worked when we travelled away. As we would be about to go and check in our bags, he’d turn to one of us and say, ‘Jesus, I nearly forgot to print my boarding pass this morning before I left. Imagine, I’d be killed!’

“He’d say it loud enough so that his victim would hear which would make them start panicking like mad, terrified they’d screwed up.”

11 Likes

‘That Tom is an awful messer.’ Oh the bants!

1 Like

Jim Gavin wouldn’t tolerate that level of buffoonery. No wonder Mayo have no All Ireland

1 Like