The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

Ta @FatChops. Much obliged.

1 Like

Could picture Kilbane as a hard running wing forward that usually shot ‘up in the air and wide as a gate.’

3 Likes

Lol
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2022/0503/1295731-anger-as-mayo-hurlers-are-denied-machale-park-access/#:~:text=The%20Mayo%20senior%20hurling%20management,at%20Hastings%20Insurance%20MacHale%20Park.

The hurlers in Mayo train just as hard as their football counterparts

Dual star Keith Higgins deserves to play in Hastings Insurance McHale Park.

1 Like

I’d imagine it’s bollix.

Horan comes across as a thick cunt, but McLoughlin doesn’t come across as the type that’d walk in the middle of the championship.

Eminently possible though. An ‘impact sub’ is where he’s at these days. Not to be too harsh on the lad but he’s done. Mayo’s ship has sailed despite the curse having run for the full term.
There’s no doubt but Horan is a thick lug alright. They’ll stagger past Monaghan but you’d be fearful….

1 Like

Horan did a session with the local journos today, confirmed that nobody has left the panel. He gave an injury update, ROD does have a groin issue but not ruled out of Monaghan match as of yet, Plunkett obviously out, Mullin back in training. I’ve heard separately that Durcan back to 100% too.

1 Like

Mike Finnerty said Durcan good to go in article this week.

cc @Copper_pipe

That fella is weak.

Only good part was the question answers at the end

I don’t get this sloyan thing

Seven changes in the Mayo team smacks of panic. I didn’t see the Galway game but surprised Ryan O’Donoghue would be dropped. Are they fucked?

He’s one of the few that’s actually legitimately injured and not just mindgames from our bottler neighbours.

1 Like

For all Mayo’s difficulties at home, 1998 was the last time they were eliminated from the Championship in Castlebar.

As an aside that Tim O’Leary chap is some fantasist.

Kevin McLoughlin who had supposedly left the panel is named in the number 22 jersey today and James Carr who was supposedly out for the season is named to start.

This will go to extra-time and probably penalties.

Mayo to win, go on an almighty run, and suffer late heartache in the championship. A highly original story.

FUCK MAYO……

1 Like

You must have been caught for a few Bob by a Mayo man at some stage Harry,you’ve an awful set against them.

2 Likes