The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

Iā€™m not overly happy about this announcement from a Leitrim perspective in that heā€™s more important to our progress and development than Coach Moran for all his ā€œgrand ladā€ persona. Weā€™re miles off the pace and proper coaching from the ground up is essential.

Solan is in the box seat too youā€™d feel as the levels of warmth towards the McStay ticket wouldnā€™t be the greatest. The hope here is that the Mayo board will ignore Jimmy Sloyan and opt for the Big Mac ticket.

Time, as is itā€™s nature will tell.

2 Likes

Solan is very highly rated on the ground in Mayo. How well that is received in the corridors is anyoneā€™s guess.

They wonā€™t rush a decision anyways :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Iā€™m getting a good sense of bitterness towards the ticket involving Liam McHale from Mayo people the past couple of days.

Alan Murphy is a thoroughly decent sort though.

Sure heā€™s practically a Galway man at this stage.

1 Like

If heā€™s that highly rated how did he end up coaching Leitrim?

1 Like

Biding his time

As @Julio_Geordio says, youā€™ll never make profit in your own land

4 Likes

Horan had his own way of doing things, which is fair enough. He who pays the piper and all that.

1 Like

Mike Solan gets the gig
Per source

1 Like

Tim was telling us McStay had the job a week ago

Tim is fond of the drink.

1 Like

Fuck off

The process has a ways to go yet. Officially, like.

Wel be fucked if they get Solan,but we might get Roachford @anon67715551

1 Like

Rochford wouldnā€™t be in the frame for me. Thereā€™s plenty of BanistĆ©oir gigs waiting to be filled and Iā€™m sure heā€™s interested in one of them. Donegal, Roscommon and Offaly are all within his range and I couldnā€™t see him taking the ā€˜cone alignment officerā€™ position under Moran anyway.

1 Like

My man is in the know. Solan is a shoo-in.

1 Like

Your certainty is noted.

Maybe Jimmy is still in the running in the background if not one of the grand wizards

Heā€™s on the interview panel along with the two Oā€™Sheas, Cillian Oā€™Connor, Alan Dillon and Andy fuckinā€™ Moran.