🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

I can confirmed there are schools closed in tipp today.

2 Likes

Not seen the snow stick out Connemara since the last proper Beast from the East. Still pumping out snow with minimal bits of sleet. Roads will be lethal tonight and tomorrow.

2 Likes

The middle band of the country will be lethal tonight as temperatures drop and that freezes over. Looks like temperatures in the Southwest won’t get down as low as had been predicted yesterday.

1 Like

Hedge schools

Are Met Eireann and RTÉ over-egging the weather again or is this serious? What are the chances of matches taking place tomorrow in the south-east of the country? Also will the schools be open?

I wrote off a lovely Passatt in the big freeze of 2010

5 Likes

School is up to the principals discretion, check out the local forecast, there was schools closed today in the mid west, there’ll definitely be some closed tomorrow

1 Like

Heavy snowfall in midlands overnight and this morning. Thaw all afternoon followed by sleet and now freezing winds and frost hitting hard. Midlands will be a skating rink overnight and in the morning. That rain will need to hit early on Saturday

1 Like

I’m hoping for a serious fall of snow to cause a match to be cancelled tomorrow and have greater player availability for a re-fixed game. Was completely shafted by the opposition manager on available dates that left us without two key players.

3 Likes

Ideal. The opposition would be classified as midlands. Unfortunately the motorway increases accessibility.

It’s the sort of rain/precipitation that sees games called off I’m thinking.

1 Like

Got notification primarty school not opening tomorrow.

Primary schools closed in Laois

Yes got notification from Holy Family

Blackouts all over

https://twitter.com/esbnetworks?s=21&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

You’d have to hand it to the networks lads, they’re fairly on the ball in getting power back on in short notice in shite conditions

Ye have been subsumed into Limerick @caulifloweredneanderthal

There’s more Limericks than Tipps in Newport at this stage. TBF it has saved the town.

Fucking ESB cunts.
Parents lost theirs for an hour alright.