The Weather Thread

lads i have no idea what that wind was gusting but that was dangerous
it was coming from the south and hit here at 1-15pm
there was a lull then and it changed into the SW and the power went, the roar of it through the trees here was like a banshee, i was in maynooth around 12 and there was an eerie feel to the place as it picked up, all the birds were in full song at that time of the day which was odd as i left bruce betting but then i they got the fuck out.
the moyglare road has trees down for those interested as the ESB crew who were here a while ago had to navigate that
ive seen a lot of storms in the lower harbour but ive never seen one up here but by god that was fucking scary
anyway, we have a main going to earth accross our back and the whole lot came down with a tree, it was sparking like fuck for a bit … havent seen that before

great day tho
there was a lovely poignancy of sitting in the dusk with canldles and no phones, but the jump for joy when it came back was great
a thoroghly enjoyable storm

6 Likes

You’ve a lovely way with words, mickee

1 Like

A friend sent on the picture, I presume it was off bookface

Gerry Murphy still going on the 9pm news. He’s given a Tour De France today.

3 Likes

Throe it up there please

Light? And half the county has no power.

I see school teachers are raging a lot of other people got today off as well so are now taking an extra day off tomorrow.

3 Likes

The king of the semi conductor merger couldn’t sort it???

yes you are spot on
i noticed it here also but what i dont really understand is why it went into the southwest
i know that is our prevailing wind, you can really feel the anticlockwise spin of it tho

semiconductor
no, it was like a snake hissing away, you love to go at it tho

1 Like

They will be raging. They’d have got away with the one day as a freebie but now that it’s two the schools will probably open during the Easter break and it’ll fuck the lovely holidays they already have booked for then.

Joanna still going strong having been the main person on Morning Ireland and after being up all last night.

You think teachers will work through their “holidays”?

:grinning:

You’re crazy, man

Evelyn Cusack is in with Sean Hogan all day. But what has happened to all of our other weather girls?

A total damp squib in Dublin, eldest can’t believe he has another day off. I even let the cat out earlier.

A non-event.

2 Likes

Think it came in after the old year when schools were shut for ages. They won’t be happy at all man.

About 20 trees/big branches down on the road out here in East-Central East Limerick, but we got the road passable by about 8pm as darkness fell and the wind whipped up again. An unreal sense of community, lads with chainsaws and trailers landing on from all directions to clear The Way, it was unreal, unbelievable even.

Fair knackered now. Can’t get the tae into me fast enough.

14 Likes

Bobby has been gambolling in the garden all evening.

2 Likes

My hound had a big lie down out in the back lawn in the middle of the day. He didn’t give two fucks about what was going on

2 Likes

Most schools go back a few days earlier now and have a couple of random days off during the year to compensate. Would expect some of these days will get used up rather than Easter or mid-term.