The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

Its a gamechanger from his @TheUlteriorMotive one.

1 Like

Exactly. The iPad has my fifth one that ye don’t know about

I could tell you, but it would reveal too much about my work, so I won’t.

Bring back the @chocolate_mice one. He was great craic

Are you a security guard?

A Thinkpad :heart_eyes:

That and the Dell monitor came from work.

It’s definitely much wittier than my @caulifloweredneanderthal alias anyway.

Ooooffffftttt

Shit. Wrong login.

2 Likes

Had to go into the office three days in a row this week.
Never again. I was bollixed from it.

1 Like

A lot of administrative Covid bullshit or just the actual rigmarole of going into the office?

A few of our crew are in the office and you’d almost be looking longingly at the glass panes of the meeting rooms behind them on Teams calls, but meh.

Our “current operating mode”, aka working from home, has just been extended until the end of Q1 2021.

Nobody wants to be first to blink and demand everyone returns to work …

Work from home forever confirmed today :pint: #middaynap
Fuck it I’ll never be able to quit now. I did about three hours of solid work today and then watched four episodes of lethal weapon. The dream is being lived

16 Likes

Congrats. I got myself on to the committee that are deciding our future work plans. The consensus is for a hybrid model. I’m lobbying to delegate the final call to team managers but the powers that be want a centralised model. A lot of folk missing social interaction and sick of their immediate family dying to get back to the office. I will continue to lobby hard for flexibility as I want to get out of Dublin

1 Like

Work is important for some people for social interaction and drinks after work and that. But I’m of an age now where I’ve enough friends and sport does me for meeting people. That might change in a few years when I hang up the boots and that (although they are semi retired already) but for the minute it’s absolutely ideal

1 Like

100%, my days of work friends are well over.

Biggest catch in this is Id imagine lot less likely to change jobs. The pain involved in getting up to speed in a new job must be carnage if you are doing it all remotely.

Until my little mishap a few months ago I was at the end of the tether with my job.but I don’t know if I could move now… I don’t do a technical job so need to deal with folk all day every day

One or two days a fortnight in Dublin would be perfect as it would allow a chance to meet up for lunch/pints and get me out of whatever rural spot I’d end up in

The committee I’m on now, like any good committee, will probably arrive at a fudge like 3 days in the office that would probably be welcomed by the majority but wouldn’t allow commuting from outside the usual commuter belt