The Wire

My favourite too. Seems to be everyone’s most or least liked season. Takes quite a while to get into due the complete shift from season one and number of new characters, but all the more worth it for that.

3 was my favourite, all brilliant bar 5. Got them W M DEES

2 Likes

+1 Season 3 my fav and the rest were excellent.

Five had a lot of potential but got too mixed up and lost in the serial killer plot between McNulty and the the reporter.

You have to watch the wire twice to fully appreciate how incredible it is.

1 Like

Just twice, pal?

1 Like

Five betrayed the series a little bit in that that McNulty’s serial killer storyline was a bit too fantastic for what was always such a gritty and realistic show. Once you got over that though it was genuinely magnificent, that bit aside it was probably the best season. The final scenes wrapping up where every character was at was just perfect. Fuck it I have to go watch it again.

Would hamsterdam work? Essentially the legalising approach that portugal took and if you are to believe the click bait sites the UN is close to recommending.

Season four was the most harrowing i thought, how the kids were dragged down into the system. The book, homicide, is excellent.
First tv station in the world to buy the rights to it outside the US? TG4, hon galway

6 Likes

Fuck it. I’m gonna watch it all again from the start. Have just finished Homeland Season 4 (which I found surprisingly decent as I had given up on it) and I need something to watch.

Have you watched The Shield?

Season 5 isn’t bad either,but that fuckin Carrie one needs to be put down and Quin be made the main character

The shield is class,I never got to the finish the last half of the final season

Not yet pal. But it’s on my list.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1lElf7D-An8

4 Likes

Three and four were best i thought. I hated season two i have to say but maybe it will be better on second viewing years later.

Season 2 for me all the way. Missus didn’t like it, but I loved it. Poor ol’ Frank.

1 Like

Nick Sobotka’s bird had a serious pair of tits.

1 Like

I’ll never forget that set. Got a glimpse when they woke up in the underground bunker.

Mother fucker…

That, gentlemen, is how you solve a motherfucking cold case. BOOM!

Seriously, one scene in The Wire had a higher artistic merit than 20 seasons of CSI shit. Is it at 20 seasons now? Probably. Useless dog shit.

2 Likes

The greatest tv shows stop when the viewer still wants more.

1 Like