The Wire

Season 4 was my favourite season followed closely by season 2 and then 3.

That young lad Mike was some character in Season 4/5, went from a good young lad looking out for his younger brother and friends to a killer fair quick.

Omar’s speech in court in season 2 though deserves a mention absolute quality. Great stuff.

1 Like

3 is quality. When the red tape of a large organisation eventually suffocates a street drugs gang.

1 Like

I enjoyed all 5 seasons, I know a lot of people gave out about season 5 particularly the unrealistic aspect of McNulty with the dead homeless lads, but there was something great about seeing the bad guy Marlo getting out with his money at the right time.

That season still beats the likes of Fargo for me not even to mention the highly anticipated muck like True Detective Season 2 etc…

+1 very good show, Vic Mackey was some man.

No relation to the Limerick great though.

But he didn’t though?

Did he not run off into the sun? It’s awhile since I’ve watched season 5…

As I recall he couldn’t mix with the legit types at some function that was set up, walked out of it and started a fight or something with someone on the street.

1 Like

Started watching from the start again last week. Hooked again even though I know the stories quite well. Watched S01E10 The Cost last night. Incredibly powerful episode, my heart was pounding watching the final scenes even though I’ve seen it several times. The tension when they realise things aren’t what they seem and then the emotions when they finally get to Kima are off the hook.

3 Likes

The speech Rawls gives mcnulty is unreal too might be the following episode.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s at the hospital.

The very final scene with Carver going mental and McNulty pumping Kima’s chest had me close to tears. It’s just incredible.

Hijinx with Omar’s grandma… “on a Sunday morning?!”

https://youtu.be/Q_zTY4S2m_Q

2 Likes

Slim Charles had a great way about him.

3 Likes

Back watching season 2 again. Christ what a man Frank Sobotca was, worth watching for him alone.

9 Likes

Just finished season one episode one,this could be worth a watch alright.

My favourite season. Seems to be everyone’s favourite or least favourite season.

Yeah it’s divisive. My favourite too. Love it.:ship:

Frank was a wrong 'un, Stan Valchek had that fucker’s card marked.

2 Likes

Bullshit, Frank’s problem was that he cares too much. As decent a man as you will find. Even all his great rants are immediately followed by remorse

1 Like

He was a heroin smuggling, people trafficker. A caring man indeed. He was a disgraceful human who spread misery everywhere.

2 Likes

Frank lost his way. He was the MacBeth of the docks.

1 Like