The Wire

Only clicked with me recently also the Walon wrote Galway Girl.

Article here on Treme:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/may/20/wire-creator-allegorical-hurricane-katrina

Going to be broadcast in 2010.

I see Norman (Carcettiā€™s advisor) is starring in the stage version of the Shawshank Redemption at the Gaeity, heard itā€™s a good adaptation, might go and see it.

I finally started watching this last night, series 1 episode 1.
Looks good so far. Iā€™ll avoid this thread until I have them all watched as Iā€™d imagine itā€™s full of spoilers

Having started a few months ago and having been impressed with S01E01 I took a break - not sure why - and only watched episodes 2 and 3 at the weekend. Like it though.

I like the Wire so much Iā€™d nearly go in and stalk Norman to get a photo with him. In fact, I think I will do that.

Id say he gets a lot of fellas shouting shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit at him to be fair

Nah, thatā€™s Clay Davis, Dan! Jaysis, sure if the bould Clay was in town I wouldnā€™t be here to be replying to you. In like a shot I would be.

I know that, but Norman doesnt have a catchphrase!

True that.

Though there mustā€™ve been something he often said to Carcttiā€¦Iā€™ll investigate that one so when I meet him heā€™ll be really impressed with my in-depth knowledge.

Norman and Lester will be in RTE tomorrow presenting John Kellyā€™s radio show at 2pm. Any doleys/students going in to greet them?

Iā€™d say Lester would be a good man to go on the rip with on a sunny Friday evening in Dublin.

What is Lester doing here Thraw? Is he doing any other appearances?

No idea. I just read on rte.ie that heā€™s doing this radio show. It didnā€™t mention anything else. Youā€™d imagine he has a few things lined up though.

Early episodes featuring Carcetti on BBC2 these days. Another great character.

Just about to watch Season 5 Episode 10

:guns:;):confused:

Just finished Series 1 of this the other day. Cracking show.

Because life is so exciting at the moment Iā€™ve decided to watch the wire from the start again. Iā€™ve forgotten how much I love it.

Season one is all about Omar.:guns::guns:;):guns:

Start season 2 immediately Rocko, itā€™s better.

1 Like

Season 2 was my favourite alright.
I went very slowly through the last season too-didnā€™t want it to end.

[quote=ā€œPikemanā€]Season 2 was my favourite alright.
I went very slowly through the last season too-didnā€™t want it to end.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling Pikey putting off finshing season 2 of Mad Men at the moment although thatā€™s not so bad as itā€™s back in August. You can watch the Wire all over again and enjoy it just as much as the first time though.

Iā€™ve had a good 12 month break from the Sopranos now and I intend starting them all again. Once Iā€™ve finished that Iā€™m going to do Band of Brothers again followed by the Wire.

Iā€™ve pencilled in Sunday for the start date. Mrs Rock is away at present and itā€™s a ā€œtogether thingā€ for us.

Thatā€™s nice.

I canā€™t fault Mrs. Rock for her televisual entertainment choices given that she is a Mad Men fan also.

She also makes outstanding childhood holiday destination choices for the record.