The Wire

2 Likes

McNulty is goin undercover to a brothel.He picks the name James Cromwell as his alias.

4 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2022/0202/1277478-death-michael-k-williams/

3 Likes

Anybody watched the We own the city series yet? Any good?

I got reconvened by a friend the other day

1 Like

Itā€™s fantastic. The 6 eps fly by.

1 Like

Itā€™s good. Fell just short of being excellent but deffo worth a watch.

1 Like

Watched a few episodes of the first season of the Wire at the weekend. So good.

Thereā€™s a great, underrated scene when theyā€™re investigating Kimaā€™s shooting; Freamon has used the wire tap to identify that Stringer has been rang from a payphone after the shooting and lifts Little Manā€™s prints from a Coke can. Norris is impressed and asks who Freamon is and Bunk & Landsman are basically pissing themselves laughing, hiding behind their notesā€¦ itā€™s just really good physical acting.

FREAMON: Print hit. Wynton ā€œLittle Manā€ Rice, enforcer in the two-two-one, a definite connect to Barksdaleā€™s world.

LANDSMAN: Print hit? Print hit from what?

FREAMON: Soda can. Dropped at the pay phone at Park Heights and Belvedere. Still had a little fizz in it when i got there.

LANDSMAN: What the fuck is this pay phone at Park Heights and Belvedere?

FREAMON: Itā€™s a phone from which some motherfucker paged Stringer Bell 20 minutes after the shooting. I dusted the phone, too, but it was smudged.

LANDSMAN: So, we got a Barksdale pro in the northwest, ringing up the boss minutes after the deed. So much for the amateur-hour theory.

NORRIS: Good pull. You are?

FREAMON: Freamon, Lester Freamon.

NORRIS: Where you workinā€™?

FREAMON: Pawn shop unit.

11 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

Does Bang have it?

Yes

1 Like

The reactions after he says pawn shop unit are brilliant too.

1 Like

13 years and 4 months

1 Like

Only ever watched two seasons of the wire. On season 3 the past few days. Itā€™s good

1 Like

3 and 4 are outstanding given how great 1 and 2 are.

I saw something recently that said that season 4 of The Wire is the highest rated TV series season of all time.

Itā€™s hard to argue with that.

5 Likes

Your man who was Jay Landsman in The Wire is half the size he used to be

1 Like

I watched the very last episode last night.

:frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning:

Three and four are the greatest series in TV history, along with true detective season 1 and band of brothers