The Wire

We Own This City is excellent. :clap::clap: - half way through it.

A few characters from The Wire in it, took me a few mins to recognise Marlo Stanfield who plays a cop, Sean Suiter.

Herc and a few more in it too. Little Man is one, I think, who is another cop.

I really want to visit Baltimore, in the same way I want to visit Naples after watching Gomorrah.

3 Likes

There are too many characters from The Wire in it.There must be at least 10/12 of them.Way too many.

Must have been similar number of ex Wire folks in The Deuce

If any of ye are stuck for something to watch after We Own The City then Iā€™d highly recommend Show Me A Hero. Bernthal has a smaller role in it but delivers as per usual. Itā€™s only six eps as well so the arse isnā€™t completely dragged out of it like The Deuce.

1 Like

The Corner as well has a tonne of shared characters including David Simon running things behind the cameras.

I am enjoying it I must say. So realistic, no drama for the sake of it, so natural. Excellent stuff

1 Like

Thats how they knew Lester was real Po-Leece

3 Likes

I was on a train from Washington to New York once and got held up for hours at Baltimore because of a bomb threat/scare in the station. Swore Iā€™d never go back there as I looked out the window at the flogging rain and cop cars it reminded me too much of Limerick cityā€¦

I enjoyed Marlo as J Edgar in Bosch tbf

3 Likes

This Limerick man. That America.

I spent a couple of days in Baltimore in 2019 visiting friends I have over there. The main centre down by the docks is very nice. Relatively small but a nice cobbled main drag with with every type of restaurant and bar. I have been to a good few middle sized north american cities and most of the CBDs are fairly run down and dilapidated so was nice to see that Baltimoreā€™s was in good nick.

The guy who owns Under Armour built a 5 star hotel in the middle of it which was festooned with fancy sports cars out the front of it when we passed.

3 Likes

Finished season 3 last night. Absolutely outstanding. Cunting run of night shifts now to halt my run of watching it

1 Like

Pandemicā€¦ WMDā€¦

WMD will mass destruct yo ass!

1 Like
2 Likes

The Bunk is still stricly a suit and tie mothafucka!

1 Like

What a scene. What a character.

5 Likes

A classic.Thats a savage piece of kit btw I had one myself.

Whereā€™s Wallis at? Whereā€™s Wallis String? Whereā€™s Wallis?

5 Likes
3 Likes