The Wire

[quote=“Thrawneen”]Here, I need to buy some Xmas presents. Has anyone seen either Homicide, The Corner or Generation Kill? I’d be particularly interested in Homicide because 1. it might be cheap cos it’s old and 2. I just read the book and it’s excellent.
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Homicide worth getting Thrawneen? I’d recommend The Thick of it to anyone with even a passing interest in politics. Armando Ianucci’s creation with the head writer from Peep Show so very, very funny but very dark as well. Malcom Tucker is a character for the ages.

Is the book worth getting? Absolutely. Takes a while to get into but it’s brilliant. You’ll be living inside it by the end and there’s so much of it which brings back fond memories of the Wire.

Come the fuck in or fuck the fuck off !!

:smiley:

Within your ‘purview’? Where do you think you are, some regency fucking costume drama? This is a government department, not some fucking Jane fucking Austen novel! Allow me to pop a jaunty little bonnet on your purview and ram it up your shitter with a lubricated horse cock!

just a gangster, I guess

Just watched the second last episode there. Is the last episode an hour or longer. Convinced Mrs Rock to leave the last one until tomorrow night. Fucking some series though.

:clap:

I am two episodes from the end of season 3. Don’t want to watch them, season 4 cannot possibly be as good. :popcorn:

Ye lucky bastards.

Well fuck that anyway it’s finished.

Magnificent television.

What the fuck have I to look forward to in my life now?

[quote=“Rocko”]Well fuck that anyway it’s finished.

Magnificent television.

What the fuck have I to look forward to in my life now?[/quote]

Absolutely nothing unfortunately.

[quote=“Rocko”]Well fuck that anyway it’s finished.

Magnificent television.

What the fuck have I to look forward to in my life now?[/quote]

Ramadan?

Meant to post this ages ago - it’s a class interview with David Simon on the wire and everything related to it. Lots on the thinking behind the whole series.

http://www.viceland.com/int/v16n12/htdocs/david-simon-280.php?page=1

Just finished the 3rd series. Fucking good television

Awesome stuff (spoilers all the way so steer clear if you’re on your first run)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sgj78QG9Bg

Most defintely. Just finished series 2, outstanding stuff

Ah jaysis, WTB. I got 1:49 in before tears started welling up and I had to stop watching. The few weeks I spent watching The Wire was one of the great love affairs of my life and it hurts to be reminded of the beautiful thing that’s ended and can’t be repeated.

I watched the last episode again recently.

What dya reckon the future holds for Marlo bro’s? Is he going to run that one corner in his suit or buy more suits and get more corners? A suit for every corner. Awww yeah.

Just started watching this
Am really getting into it after being unimpressed with Series 1 episode 1 and 2
I watched 3 episodes last night and its beginning to come together.
enjoying it so far
I wonder will McNulty stick it to the carpet muncher??
don’t tell me as I’ll try to watch another few over the next few days

Jimmy McNulty is tieing the knot with a west limerick girl in Glin Castle tomorrow.

:clap:

Ah her family took the soup though Runt.