The Wire

Landed gentry.

Just started the last series… not a bad show but not a patch on the Sopranos.

Mad Men waiting on the shelf next.

Think its better than the Soprano’s myself.

I dissssssagree

Mad Men and Sopranos leave it in the ha’penny place imo.

‘Are You Being Served?’ kicks the shit out of all of them.

Dont think Sopranos is near as good as The Wire myself. I am starting to watch the whole series of Sopranos again tomorrow night to see is it just the recency of the wire is clouding my judgment.

+1

Are you free Mr Humphries :lol:

Each to their own, I dont do cop shows so thats why I couldnt get into The Wire, just never hooked me.

Now that I think of it, The West Wing beats them all hands down.

Wouldn’t have called the wire a cop show MBB, no more than I would have said Sopranos was just about wiseguys. Obviously the cops were the basis of a large portion of the show but so was the education system, the unions, the politicians etc. Thought it was more commentary on disintegration of a society instead.

Of course it is, but what would you expect from one of these FHM educated idiots.

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsB/tve2175-38-23.jpg

I understand that its not Dan, but theres too much of that element in it for me to get dragged in. It just wasnt for me, its not a reflection on the show, I didnt add in earlier that it was imo.

quality :clap: :lol:

But you called it a cop show, and now you understand its not, but it has cop elements.

Your talking through your hole again aren’t you. And you don’t have the social intelligence to see the underlining story.

What was the main story line in the Soprano’s?

This kind of post makes me think you should consider suicide. Despicable.

Yes.

:lol:

You’d consider suicide a worhty outcome over what a stranger on an internet forum prefers to watch on tv?

It was for posts like this that IOTM was created. Idiotic in the extreme.

FFS :rolleyes:

The wire is my favourite series of all time. Must give the sopranos a proper go one of these days though. Was in and out of it while watching it the first time.

Rescue me is another great show. Not as much fun since Tommy went on the dry though :D.