The Wishing You A Merry Christmas Thread - aka The Nice Post Thread

Happy Christmas all. Wishing you good health and happiness for the year ahead.

Thoughts to our fallen brothers this year also.

A little 7%er to start the day

17 Likes

Yer manager is a bit of a character. Not afraid of giving it the big licks “we’re the best team in Ireland” in the post game interview and i see he was singing/playing Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash on the guitar in the pub in Ballyhale one of the nights.

One small gripe would be Hutchinson being referred to as ‘Dessie Custard’ by BH players on Social media after the game but i suppose he’s been called worse and will get over it.

1 Like

Genuinely saw none of that stuff. Not on social media. But certainly do not think there should be derogatory reference to any opponent.

“A bit of a character”… One way of putting it. I have heard other ones.

2 Likes

I’ve my ma and da coming over and my sisters. My two lads aren’t fighting. So far so good.

Thinking of all on here with an empty chair at the table this year for the first time. And the ones we lost this year and last few years on tfk.

Next Christmas isn’t guaranteed for any of us - enjoy it the best you can. Take a look around the table and all the good things in your life aren’t too far away today i hope.

Hope all the new dads have safely assembled what Santa has delivered.

Happy Christmas to all.

Reflect upon your present blessings—of which every man has many—not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.

A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens

16 Likes

Willy Wonka has gone on here… The spuds can wait.

2 Likes

6 Likes

It’s terrific when your faith in someone proves to be justified. A lovely post from the young veteran.

1 Like

Merry Christmas friends. :santa::christmas_tree::gift:

11 Likes

Pint with the auld fella and brother yesterday in town. Probably had a few too many before Galway closes up around 6pm on Christmas Eve. Auld fella was in a fierce maudlin mood. I was slagging him, but he was probably right, the auld fecker. Christmas swim done in Blackrock. Water not too bad this year.

Mother in law is defying everything and is still alive within in the hospice. But sadly she won’t last much longer. Staff in here are a credit to humanity. Just mighty people. She was in great spirits on the G+Ts last year. Cancer is cruel.

One of the posters earlier mentioned how it’s easier to be positive and enjoy life than be constantly focusing on the negatives. How right he is.

Heartfelt thoughts to posters lost in ‘22 and their family members. A very happy Christmas to one and all.

37 Likes

Merry Christmas Tank. Hope you are doing ok

1 Like

Happy Christmas ya Filthy animals!

18 Likes

Wake effort :disappointed_relieved:

Die Hard GIF by Row House Cinema

Aboy the kid

Love You Too GIF

1 Like

Happy Christmas guys. Here’s hoping you all didnt chop all the carrots and forget to leave one for Rudolph #whenpreparingleadstofailure

1 Like

Happy Christmas one and all.

5 Likes

Merry Christmas to all.

Hope tomorrow goes off without a hitch and that it lives up to the excitement. Special mention to anybody dreading the occasion. You’ll survive it like you always do and you can relax on Tuesday. I’ll be keeping the world going between 8am-4pm as emergency coverage aka double-pay plus bonus for routing tickets to Rajeev and Pankaj or signing off so I can bomb up the m6 to catch the business end of the turkey.

Mind yourselves lads!

7 Likes

Happy Christmas to all you lunatic deviants. Hopefully you have a good day no matter the context. For those of you who find this a difficult time dont be afraid to drop me or many other on here a DM.

A special mention to @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy i am making an effort to be more environmentally conscious this Christmas, no wrapping paper (im also a lazy cunt), less travel (same reason), not eatimg turkey (honestly i think it tastes awful) and being non-dairy (turns out my body doesnt react well to it). I wont be reverting back after this year we need a world where children can have a Christmas

7 Likes