The Wolfe Tones

Oh Karen Karen Karen

The idea that people who object to the celebration of the Provos don’t know the history of Northern Ireland and how Catholics were treated is laughable and an obvious bad faith canard. But also, the idea that Catholics in the north were treated as badly as blacks in the deep south of the US is nonsense.

The black community in the US also did not resort to a three decades long murder campaign despite their lot being worse.

The Civil Rights movement and constitutional politics were what gave Catholics in NI their civil rights. In fact the the civil service in the North was riddled with Provos and Provo sympathisers which was a rich source of intelligence for them.

If you can’t defend thousands of people being killed, why is there a rush to celebrate the people who killed thousands of people?

What other way is it meant to be taken other than literally? If Loyalists sing songs celebrating the UVF, what way is it meant to be taken?

The Omagh bomb was cut from the exact same cloth as Enniskillen or Warrington. Why are the people who did the latter worthy of celebration when those who did the former are not? There was no difference in the actions, and no difference in the context.

I can’t imagine anybody singing songs drunkenly celebrating the people who operated the Tuam mother and baby home or the Magdalene laundries or committed the child sex abuse on the Catholic Church. So why sing songs celebrating the people who murdered civilians by the truckload?

3 Likes

I presume you’re grand with this, sure it’s only a mural, like. It might not amount to actually shooting people, but personally I think shit like this is grotesque and should be roundly condemned, removed by the police and anybody found to be behind it charged with a hate crime. What do you think?

What’s grotesque is comparing a terrorist campaign to a war.

Any chance you could rewrite and expand on this in either Irish or English?

Any chance you could address your grievous error? Funny how you can fire a million posts at the thread but you missed replying to the one pointing out how you made a fool of yourself. Curious.

You’re still writing in word salad, buddy.

Incorrect. You made a stupid post that made a fool of you and grossly undermined all your overdone indignancy and you refuse to respond to it. I’ll leave that with you.

So you refuse to write in anything other than word salad and then run off. Grand so.

Is there a hierarchy of oppression now?

Try not to dabble in legal terms you don’t understand next time.

I’d say there is yeah.

I think in everyday language there has always been.

I certainly get the impression some people in Ireland believe the Irish are at the top of a hierarchy of oppression.

I genuinely don’t have a clue what point you’re trying to make because you’ve failed utterly in explaining yourself.

Perhaps if you dabbled in improving your writing skills you wouldn’t have that problem.

1850 to 1900.
Population of Ireland 8 million to 4.5 milllion (44%)
Population of African Americans in the US 4.4 million to 8.8 million +100%.
Note that the slave trade to America effectively ended in 1808.

I’d say the genocide of the Irish population was worse.

Oh great, here we have the “Irish slaves” guy to tell us we were more oppressed than black slaves in America.

A meme that incidentally the Wolfe Tones were indulging in lately.

Most oppressed people EVA.

I hope to God you’re just an incredibly bad WUM

1 Like

You leave no doubt about what you are anyway, which is a thundering cunt of a human being.

let it all out buddy, you can’t hurt anybody here