The Wolfe Tones

I went past at about 3pm and was surprised to see a queue going into the Gaelic Grounds. Long day but I understand there was a bar etc. inside.

Went past again at around 8pm, looked like a stricter security arrangement outside the Woodfield than there is for matches.

Great craic. The jacks were a joke though, girls ended up in the men’s , the queues were out the gap.

The place was fucking wedged, same for Sawdoctors shortly after. Boggers know what we like

1 Like

That’ll drive the loyalists mad. Fuck em.

It’s driven Ciara Kelly mad anyways which is always a good thing

8 Likes

Our revenge will be living, not existing.

I was at the Saw Doctors Saturday night. They headlined Moseley folk festival. They were phenomenal. The crowd was a mix of Irish and non Irish. I met a load of English people who had no connection to ireland but they’ve followed the Saw Doctors all over for years.

The eldest lad ,who is nearly 3 loved it.

10 Likes

Biggest crowd ever in that tent at e.p for the wolf tones.

Expect some serious boiled piss on Rte.

1 Like

It’s almost as if old cunts constantly running something down will provoke a reaction in the opposite direction from younger people.

7 Likes

Nail on the head.

They need to be on Joe Duffy every week

I am not a fan of the Sawdoctors. 0%, but I admire that they have had a successful career to date, always able to tour in the states as well. I think they were popular with the college crowd in the US for a while, so more power to them. The fact they are able to do it full time, and not have to dip into anything else (as far as I am aware of anyway) is success.

They have some cracking tunes and are great live

2 Likes

They sounded as good as ever on Saturday.

2 Likes

Saw them.live in Manchester start of the summer and was best gig I was at in ages. Absolutely brilliant they were.

2 Likes

They do put on a good live show in fairness.

I think N17 is the only one I like! I admire the rest of the hits.

1 Like

Have you not heard Clare Island?

1 Like

Has Fintan O’Toole commented yet?