The Wuhan Clan - Tony Holohan's Having a House Party

One flu over the cuckoo’s nest

Picture please :joy:

I love the yanks press conferences. Always a crowd gathered around nodding heads while the speaker is giving out info like the lick arse pupils who nod the head at school in agreement with the teacher while the teacher is giving out new information.

Just back from Tesco there.

Queues not as bad as previous days. There are people cleaning the screens of the self service machines after each customer.

For those of you with a sweet tooth, Cadbury’s Easter eggs are 2 euro each of 5 (five) for a fiver.

3 Likes

https://www.corkbeo.ie/culture/music-nightlife/cork-publican-benny-mccabe-closing-17925612

I will not be in the least bit surprised to see Ronald McDonald make an appearance in one of Trumps briefings sooner rather than later.

1 Like

I am noting the term “official baddie countries” for future use.

1 Like

Cuba Cuba Cuba!

4 Likes

Trump: “We’re looking at it very seriously, yes. They’ve had more activity unfortunately. Actually, we’ve looked at it and we will be doing that”.

This is the kind of decisive action that the WHO official was referencing earlier.

2 Likes

The Trump regime’s response to Coronavirus has been the worst of any government in any industrialised country in the world.

This is obviously a very hard fact for some people to take.

1 Like

Lolz

3 Likes

Cubby talking sense here

Mike Cubbard

39 mins ¡

Pubs/Restaurants

I’ve spent the past 48 hours speaking to a lot of local publicans and restaurant owners and each and every one of them have concerns for the well being of staff and customers.

Those I’ve spoken to are small businesses with small numbers of staff.

My own belief is they should close but once again a complete lack of clarity from Government has put the decision back on each individual business owner.

What is the point in your local publican who cares for their customer closing but yet a super pub next door fills the premises? What is the point of a local restaurant closing yet a nightclub allows 100s in later that night?

Similar to the parades where initially only Dublin was cancelled, this delay and drip feed of information is doing more to cause panic and concern for workers and small business owners.

The Government need to confirm that there will be a rates freeze. Insurance companies need to ensure a rebate will be issued if the risk reduces to just fire and theft on a premises whilst its closed. Banks need to reassure customers that they won’t be affected negatively if they cannot make payments.

The only reason for delays here is greed.

I’m saying all week we need leadership on this to clarify to small business owners that closing their doors won’t be the end of them and that they will have Government supports.

Let’s not have the tail wagging the dog here, our Government need to be strong with those various stakeholders and be supportive of the local establishment that will ultimately close their doors for a period of time.

If we don’t act and allow pubs fill for St Patrick’s Day this past few days of social distancing will have been a waste of time.

I will continue to try get clarity on the issues raised with me

3 Likes

The fuckers

1 Like

If you were registering 51 on your speedometer, you were doing no more the 48kph. Speedeometers are set to register up to 5kph more than actual speed. You’re fine

5 Likes

I was registering 54 so I reckon I was doing 51.

Be fine, you’d need to be 60km/h + on your Speedo to be worrying.

1 Like

You’ll be grand. They allow a margin of error

Those of us in one off self builds out in the middle of the countryside should be safe enough cc @KinvarasPassion

1 Like