The Wuhan Clan - Tony Holohan's Having a House Party

I was in the aldi in Middleton at the weekend and there was a chap going around with one of those face masks. His wife and kids had none on.

Case in Waterford now.

Case in Parteen now. Oh wait, they always had it there

1 Like

Calling it now - Weā€™re all going to die.

Was that the Regional Hospital Limerick?

I was reading earlier there was a race meet in Hong Kong last with a 100k at it. The corresponding fixture yesterday had 9k at it. Must be serious enough.

I think I Iā€™ve got it

The joke about the wood worm?

Much ado about nothing. Between 12,000 and 60,000 people will die in the US alone this year from the flu, and no one gives a fuck

1 Like

The first lad that hits the deck is a really poor stuntman

Good point on Morning Ireland today - there are 2800 cases so far in Chinaā€¦ The population is 1.4 billion. It should be barely newsworthy yet.

First death in Beijing.
Lots of people wearing face masks here this morning.

[quote=ā€œJulio_Geordio, post:70, topic:30233, full:trueā€]
Between 12,000 and 60,000 people will die in the US alone this year from the flu, and no one gives a fuck [/quote]

In a population of 330 million. Most of those who die from the regular flu are old people with weakened immune systems. The mortality rate of the typical flu is around 0.1%, some flus obviously are worse than others.

The mortality rate from SARS is 10%, the mortality rate from the H5N1 bird flu is 60%. Not enough is known yet about Wuhan outbreak, but itā€™s thought to be at least 3%.

These novel coronaviruses are quite scary in that they can mutate to be as infectious as the common cold, with a much higher mortality rate than influenza. They are not to be sniffed at.

Some 30,453 people are currently under observation for the coronavirus

Stay safe @Fagan_ODowd.

1 Like

Confirmed cases in Hubei province almost doubled overnight from 1423 to 2714, with 100 dead and 690 serious / critical. 4295 cases now worldwide, mostly in China and all people who had been to Wuhan or surrounding cities recently.

Time to put up a wall around Hubei province and ban all air travel in and out.

Weā€™re done.

4,295 cases in population of a billion, isnā€™t even a drop in the ocean.

If you lived in the city of Huwan itself the epicentre of the breakout. You would be right to be worried and cautious, but itā€™s still a like 1/2500 shot of having it so far if you are there and assume that all cases are there.
As it stands you are far more likely to catch or die from about a million other things.
I mean I wouldnā€™t be travelling to huwan. But thatā€™s about the level of caution or concern required at the minute.

Good news, nothing to worry about so.