The Wuhan Clan - Tony Holohan's Having a House Party

You’d be dead by then

1 Like

Up to now you’ve told us that testing is worthless.

Hilarious.

The Italians are in big trouble and they are what? At least another 3 or 4 days away from seeing the benefits of their lockdown and 7 or 8 from really seeing it?
Once you get to 20,000. 30% a day starts to add up real fast :persevere:

1 Like

Per head we’ve gone ahead of the UK for testing which is odd. I wonder are those tests including today (which the positives wouldn’t be included in our total).

Per head that’s actually only 5.5/6 days behind Italy (they had tested 73k 6 days ago) and they had over 12k at that time. We’d be on 1k positives at the same rate as themselves and they have had more geographic concentration of it (though spreading).

Trying to avoid overly looking at the stats but I’m quite hopeful that we’re quite a bit ahead of Italy in trying to control this thing. That’s a big ramp up of tests in a week.

3 Likes

I really hope the advance notice and messaging we have had meant people were at least aware to self isolate as soon as they showed any symptoms. Every person who did that and didnt spread it is a massive plus.

3 Likes

We have a lot of things working in our favour.

The proliferation of single build houses in rural areas where a good portion of old people live for example.

We implemented measures a lot earlier.

Italians and Spanish have a culture where old people congregate and play chess or cards a lot more than here, which could have caused the high number of cases in that demographic.

The Spanish jumped from 228 to 282 from the 4th to 5th of this month.

Can it possibly be true that after over 8,400 posts, there are people on here who still don’t understand the difference between a screening test and a diagnostic test? Say it ain’t so. 15 minute screening tests are what is needed here, to weed out the 95% of cases who have a sniffle and think they are about to die roaring.

1 Like

Gurls gives you dizazes

Screening is being done on the phone by GP’s here. It has been done since day 1. Weve got screening covered.

I cant believe at this stage people still don’t know tbh

1 Like

In essence then we’re getting the numbers from 3 days ago and with limited testing facilities.

The English are right not to start widespread testing. They queued in their thousands at midnight for Gregg’s vegetarian sausage rolls. They’d trample one another to death over a swab test.

6 Likes

Ironically @anon7035031 didn’t know there was such a thing as testing at all until last week.

yes - i have asthma and what drove me over the edge was mint
the common theme is salicylic acid that is present in all anti inflammatories like aspirin - salcycilic acid can trigger autoimmune conditions such as asthma and sinusitis
i suffered from it very badly around 2006 where i couldnt use regular toothpaste - but i began to phase out of it
things like asthma and sinusitis are your bodies response to a trigger that manisfests itself in chronic inflammation of the respiratory system
now i dont uinderdtand the mechanism how a NSAI like aspirin can contribute to a respiratory disease but i do know that those with NSAI induced asthma have an Ige ( immunoglobin E) count x10 the normal BL
mine was at >700 - IgE is produced in response to some form of eosphinol that is created by the allergan, its you immune system trying to protect itself
now - what i do is i get x4 injections of omalizomab ( xolair) every 2 weeks that locks in the eosphinol so it wont cause my chest to react
you are not root causing the source of the asthma you are basically eliminaiting your bodies process of reacting

before i got this i was fucked - i was talking a lot of steroids - i could be fine for ages but by 2016 it went over the edge of a cliff
scariest one was one time in jerusalem i got pneaumonia and i couldnt use an inhaler and ended up in an ambulance in ER - with x2 adrenaline injections - very bad
im fine now - banged out 5k last night in 22 - but will always Frankie Sheahan it before ( not glassing a fella btw- more samoa 2003)

id worry where im headed tho

2 Likes

At least @anon7035031 is coming up with his own structured and sensible points where as you just continue to churn out inane Tweet links from the liberal front. The greatest copy & paste merchant to be sure to be sure.

How do they get the mucus sample over the phone?

For a screening test?

@labane1917 who has spent at least half his career working in the industry that develops screening and diagnostic tests has never heard of testing, or something, something.

1 Like

Yes, for a screening test. It’s the same as a pregnancy test except you don’t pee on the stick.