TheFreeKick and Cambodia

Background
Hi all. As some of you may know I have lived in Cambodia for several years.
Things are very tough here at the minute. Where I live (Siem Reap) 60% of our economy is tourism and we have had not had a tourist in well over a year. Huge numbers have been made unemployed and social welfare is only €30 a month and that only lasts for three months. Many are without any income.

Schools here are closed and children have already missed over 150 days of school. Many children will never return to school and not complete primary school. This will diminish life prospects. The charity I work for SeeBeyondBorders are doing our bit to prevent this. Some of you have been most generous in supporting our charity in the past.

I will not bore you with all the details as to what the charity I work for do but suffice to say I am proud to work for SeeBeyondBorders Ireland. We are a small charity but genuinely make a tangible difference to improve education for 3,656 children and ensure children return to school. We are transparent, accountable and professional in our own very limited way.

What I am Asking

1. Please consider making a monthly donation to SeeBeyondBorders. Any amount (even very small) is greatly appreciated and can make a real difference to what we can achieve. Monthly donations are so valuable to us as it is a regular source of income and can allow us plan ahead. 100% of all funds received will be spent here in Cambodia.

2. Put me in contact with anybody who might be interested in supporting us. You can contact me here on TFK (I login daily) or on my email which is colm.byrne@seebeyondborders.org I am happy to chat to anybody on skype/zoom on the off chance you are interested in learning a bit more about what we do.

3. Forgive my ignorance in setting up a new thread for this. I wanted to maximise our chances of getting a few quid. I won’t come knocking again.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this post.

38 Likes

Are one-off donations possible?

1 Like

Absolutely. Please click here. Many thanks @habanerocat

I clicked there and nothing happened?

2 Likes

Took me a few goes

1 Like

I think I speak for most people on here when I say ‘Consider it done mate’.

6 Likes

Can you confirm your stance on the royal national lifeboat institute please ?

2 Likes

:popcorn: :popcorn:

I was just about to tell him that I was a monthly donor to your RNLI appeal.

1 Like

Largely indifferent. Their logo leaves a lot to be desired.

1 Like

Link is doing nothing for me either @RaymondCrotty

1 Like

Thanks @Julio_Geordio. Please use this link. Please can you let me know if this works for you?

2 Likes

No need to shout

2 Likes

Will this link stay live indefinitely?

1 Like

Yes. Thanks @flattythehurdler

1 Like

The SHOUTY Link worked

3 Likes

Thank you very much to those who have donated thus far. Please note due to an error on the idonate platform a staff member of theirs will email some posters who donated seeking clarification on type of donation made (one off or monthly). I would be grateful if you could reply to their email if and when it arrives and apologies for any confusion which they have caused.

I thoroughly appreciate all the support from everyone on this forum regardless of contribution made or frequency of donation! Many thanks for the generosity one and all.

shambles

3 Likes

Do we just respond direct to the email or through idonate?

To the email please @Lazarus and whatever instructions he gives to follow if necessary.

1 Like