Things I learned today (Part 1)

Big Wexford connection in the pampas

I was at his statue in foxford last summer. Unfortunately the museum which looked shite to be fair was closed due to covid.

He is a massive hero over there.

And Bernardo O’Higgins Chiles first leader was wan of our own.

1 Like

They regularly shat in their pampas under Davy in fairness.

16 Likes

Brown was wan of our own alright. O’Higgins was disowned by his Irish born father so our grasp of him is a bit more tenuous.

Actually fuck it, sure the Irish built south America.

1 Like

Ahhh vv good

They came to honour him by raping and pillaging everything in sight. And also complaining about the price of pubs in Ireland.

Are you sure it wasn’t just a village people tribute band?

1 Like

There’s a lottery regulator

Cunts will have to stop sitting on their hands now

There is a Plaza de O Higgins in most South American towns.

There is also a significant Welsh influence in SA with some hybrid Welsh still spoken in some Argentinian towns.

They speak Welsh in parts of Patagonia. I know a few lads who went over there to teach Welsh a few years ago.

1 Like

Rubby types no doubt

Turn the corner then and you might hit Calle Juan McKenna or Calle Patricio Lynch.

Yer man from Super Furry Animals has a good doco on itunes where he travelled around Argentina going to the towns where Welsh people would have emigrated to. He is as mad as a box of frogs, but worth a watch.
I was always thinking how come they don’t also speak Italian over there today as a main language, as there was a huge amount of eyetalans who moved to Arg/Uruguay.
Apparently, as most of the eyetalans spoke their own dialects, and not eyetalan, they could only communicate with each other in Spanish, so Spanish became the dominant language.

2 Likes

Do they have a league over there (hurling league) or is it just a recreational, ceremonial type sport there.

I know they bring a bunch of rubby players over to Ireland a bit. Not sure about the actual hurling over there. Will find out.

1 Like

I don’t think they hurl at all any more.

1 Like

They had a team in the Gathering tournament in Galway. Resplendent in green blazers in the parade iirc

1 Like

There’s a pic on their website, or Instagram page. Club would appear to be for alickadoos only?

Megan Fox has toe thumbs

Megan Fox was born with a condition known as brachydactyly . The layman’s term for this condition is 'short fingers. ’

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Things I learned today (Part 2).