Things I learned today (Part 1)

Anyone would look hot beside these 2

2 Likes

How did your childhood experience influence your attitude to money?
There wasn’t a lot of money around growing up, but you don’t notice that as a kid.
There were kids in our school who were poorer but there weren’t kids who were richer, so we just thought that we were all right.
My dad was a postman, my mum was a nursery nurse, so there was income and we just thought we were doing OK. We could’ve done with a few more LPs and a few more clothes and shoes but apart from that we were fine.

Presumably he could have been a stand up and a postman.

Of course. Doing the clubs in the evenings most probably. The Daily Telegraph wouldn’t lie though. Unlike the Guardian.

It’s no wonder he needed a day job. The two Ronnie were shite.

There is no word for purple in Tuareg. They are now showing the film purple rain in Niger where Tuareg is spoken and its now called " rain the colour of blue with a little red in it"

1 Like

Colm Begley is still in DCU, he’s fast approaching Cullen’s record.

The legendary Ger Brennan is now Coaching Officer in UCD :clap:

When I make myself or my family an omelette I am actually making a fritata.

2 Likes

Sir Nicholas Winton organised the rescue and passage to Britain of about 669 mostly Jewish Czechoslovakian children destined for the Nazi death camps before World War II in an operation known as the Czech Kindertransport. In this from the BBC Programme “That’s Life” aired in 1988, he is sitting in the audience unawares that he is surrounded by a group of those survivors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_nFuJAF5F0&feature=youtu.be

3 Likes

That when Laois won their only hurling All Ireland (sometime back around the 1910’s) they basically became a professional team for the month leading up to the final.

All the players were replaced in their jobs by temporary workers so the lads could do nothing but hurling training for a month solid.

4 Likes

Correct. Thats what we were hoping to do with Colm Begley, Ross Munnelly and John O Loughlin being a trial version but Dublin beat us to it with Paddy Andrews, Bernard Brogan, Paul Casey, Stephen Cluxton, Jonny Cooper, Bryan Cullen, Paul Flynn, Declan Lally,Kevin Nolan, Eoghan O’Gara, Tomás Quinn, Shane Ryan etc.

5 Likes

he’s still a clown also.

Treatystones?

That’s not up for debate

Begley

1 Like

Phil Collins played the drums on the Tears for Fears hit “Everybody Wants To Rule The World”

1 Like

Thats not up for debate either.

FAO @Fagan_ODowd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaF-H_JUk3Q

1 Like

Keep Turenne away from your pets.

1 Like