Things I learned today (Part 1)

In fairness, I’d probably naw my leg off too if I had to live with Tureene.

6 Likes

Bullfrog males. Serious creatures

Ovens don’t necessarily reach the temperature it says on the dial unless you’ve a really fancy one called Miele/Wolf/Viking/Thermador.

Cars travel up to 5kph slower then it says on the speedo

And Gardai speed guns have a 10% variance. So your dial could be showing 110kmph and you’d not be caught over the limit in a 100 zone

Correct and right

clock your car with a gps nav app on your phone

10% i thought?

No I think its about 5kph chief.

Ovens are also female.

1 Like

The Ravenous Thread is fucked.

Zuckerberg just bought the world 26 days of world peace.

Nottingham Forest flew home from Munich after the 1979 European Cup final on the St. Eugene, an Aer Lingus plane.

Must have been the early days of Tony Ryan’s leasing operations.

Really should have put a spoiler on that. Fuck it. Too late now.

1 Like

Basil, the owner of the outstanding Basil Pizza on the corner of Ringsend Road and South Lotts Road, also works as Niall Horan’s bodyguard when 1D are on tour. 1D fans have a Basil Fans twitter page dedicated to posting pictures of Niall and Basil.

3 Likes

The USSR were thrown out of the 1974 World Cup by FIFA after refusing to play the away leg of their play-off against Chile in the National Stadium in Santiago, which was at the time being used as a murder, torture and prison camp by the evil dictator Pinochet against supporters of the heroic democratically elected Presidente and all round great guy Salvador Allende.

I’m genuinely astonished I didn’t know this previously.

2 Likes

I’m even more astonished you didn’t know that. It being one of the most well known geo-political football facts of all time. Up there with the time Honduras and El Salvador went to war after a World Cup qualifying match.

1 Like

The Liverpool teams of the 1970s always flew with Aer Lingus to European away matches.

It really is outstanding stuff.

Informative rating.

I did not know that.

Thatcher will be reviled down through history.

Crows are as intelligent as apes