Things I learned today (Part 1)

Thatā€™s what you WOULD say pal :smile:

2 Likes

Geez heā€™s explaining stuff too. Hard to watch this going on. Heā€™s one of the good guys.

So you work for bord na mona or something?

Ooooft.

1 Like

stop digging ffs

1 Like

Iā€™m digging up.

3 Likes

Youā€™re on the right track. Letā€™s all move along now and talk about the weather or something.

6 points and a ā‚¬200 fine for being caught on your mobile phone in the UK.

6 points in the max for new drivers, up to 3 years. Therefore, get caught on your phone once, and you lose your license and have to resit your test.

You get a far better quality of policing on the mainland (CC: @Tassotti)

1 Like

Thatā€™s severe

Absolutely wicked.

Incidentally, the British Police are doing one of those media days today, highlighting this, ie news piece showing cars lined up and being checked etc. One of the drivers done for being on his mobile phone, was a journalist traveling to the checkpoint to report on the crackdown on drivers using their mobile phones :joy:

2 Likes

How do they know if youā€™re on your mobile? Do they have a photo or what?

Absolutely no idea, Iā€™ve exhausted my knowledge on the subject.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see how long this crackdown lasts. Drivers in Birmingham are forever on their phones. Itā€™s one of the worst places Iā€™ve ever driven, the standard of driving is shocking. As an aside , it also has one of the highest rates of uninsured drivers in Britain.

The national anthem for Ireland at the 1987 World Cup was The Rose of Tralee.

1 Like

World cups fall on even years, mate.

2 Likes

Incorrect. World cups donā€™t have National anthems. Not even rugby ones.

The Irish players stood to attention for The Rose of Tralee due to threats being made against Protestant British citizens who were turning out for the Irish side if they stood to attention for Amhran na bhFiann. Some gobshite in the IRFU thought TROT would be an acceptable alternative.

Now thatā€™s something you learned today.

4 Likes

People were obviously listening to Myles Dungan at the weekend

This sham of a game gets more confusing. They donā€™t do National Anthems at the World Cups but play them anyway?@TreatyStones is correct, I was listening to Myles Dungan. The IRFU playing GSTQ in Belfast but didnā€™t play Amhran na bhFiann in Dublin. IRFU were some shower of self loathing cunts. The Rose of Tralee decision is even more abhorrent, IRFU basically saying Ireland as a whole were guilty of the bombings.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think they were self loathing at all. They were Unionist in outlook, unapologetically so, for most of their history.

1 Like

Not me anyway. Itā€™s common enough knowledge. I see what Mi Khunt is trying to do but he made a giant cock of it.