Things I learned today (Part 1)

It was for this then

This Phelan chap did alright for himself out of it anyway

You can’t spell Ryle Nugent without “gent”.

Known as “the wine geese”

And the Irish are excelling as the top drinkers most likely as they down plonk by the gallon.

I do my best :grinning:

You shouldn’t have drank those, worth between 2-3K per bottle?

This deserved at least one “like”, pal.

Party a friend of my brothers was at.

The term "in the limelight " come from the Carbide spotlights which were used in theatres. Carbide was a mix of powdered limestone and water.

1 Like

Chalk one up for @TreatyStones

2 Likes

A fella called Peter Rice from Dundalk was a fucking legend engineer. He worked on some of the most amazing world renowned buildings like the Sydney opera house and the Guggenheim museum. There’s a programme on rte about it him. They’re all saying he was a kickass genius.

1 Like

Interesting. That dundalk accent is mad (drogheda much worse) I worked for PlayStation for 12 years, MD was a sound mad dundalk man.

Sydney opera house hoi

1 Like

Why do you think it was called the guggenHEIm museum?

1 Like

Ffs sake. Dammit.
Cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy - now they tell us

1 Like

Peter Rice eh?

We better claim him quickly before the English try to get their hands on him.

2 Likes

The ex-snooker great Stephen Hendry is a big fan of out there indie crusty band Neutral Milk Hotel.

Upon recommendation from ex-not so great Neal Foulds.

1 Like

Indie band “The Ben Folds Five” were orginally called “The Neal Foulds Five” after watching Foulds struggle to build double figure breaks in his latter years as a player

Patrick Kielty did a prgramme a few years back about an Irish guy William Mulholland who was an engineer who built Los Angeles’s water supply

He went to school in O’Connell’s

Mulholland Drive is named after him

2 Likes