Things I learned today (Part 1)

Optics me hole, all these cunts are just afraid of is the fact he is openly Gay.

2 Likes

A loyal DOG

I reckon you’re spot on

will Brother Kevin be flensing it?

The Three Stooges were brothers.

you do know that references dont come into it until sentencing, i.e. after conviction. there was no yarn; DOG thought hed never be named as the person who write the reference, twas arrogance and given that brolly was ran from the sunday game for infinitely less DOG should be cancelled

Do you know this for a fact?

yes

he was badly advised…

How?

a hurler who represents himself has a fool for a client

1 Like

the fact that he had to come out and admit it before a uk publication was going to name him. the reports of when the references were read into the record state that they came from a “sportsperson” and the other from a “journalist”

So, from a UK tabloid then. :joy:

1 Like

and your point?

can you point to any broadsheets irish or UK that named that named DOG or walsh when the statements were read out in court?

youre defending the indefensible here flatty.

DOG went to bat for some who had been convicted of grooming and sexually abusing a 14 year-old girl

He had made contact with her through his work with camogie teams.

The text messages continued for more than two years.

At one point, 16,000 text messages were exchanged during a three-month period.

from the broadsheet press at the time

1 Like

I think it was a ridiculous thing for D Og to do. And have no sympathy for him.

But my understanding was they had provided written references to the courts in advance of the trial and Humphreys pleading guilty. Humphreys had told them he was innocent it was all a lie etc.

At least that’s my recall of David Walsh story afterwards when he was challenged on it

Fair enough Dan

But Walsh’s story doesn’t add up; the references are only used upon conviction so that would be the only time they’d be needed. Humphreys IIRC didn’t plead guilty until about 5 years after he was charged and even when he did there was a good delay before sentencing so they had knowledge of his deeds before their references were used.

My own view is that they gave them either assuming, or being advised, that their names would stay out of it.

Long story short, they contributed to him getting a lighter sentence and that should never be forgiven or forgotten.

1 Like

Your own view?
You said it was fact about four posts up the way.
Jaysus. I know it’s tfk, but seriously.

It is a fact, read his bloody statement on it, I was merely guessing as to how he came to that, mistaken, bief.

The voting age in Austria, Argentina and Brazil is 16.

:joy: