Things I learned today (Part 1)

Travellers, you mean?

No.

Pilots?

In a Diocese that takes in 7 counties (staggering) the biggest geographic parish in Ardagh & Clonmacnoise is Gortletteragh, Co.Leitrim. All-Star SĆ©amus Quinn was a clubman.

Source: Canvassing.

Paul Brady has a ridiculous rider in theatres. He demands gourmet cheeses that havenā€™t been wrapped in plastic, artisan crackers and a load of different berries. *

• amongst other things.
2 Likes

Heā€™s a bit of a wanker. I gave up going to see the grumpy fucker. Heā€™d put you in a bad mood before he even started.

2 Likes

Aye but

2 Likes

Heā€™s from Tyrone ffs, what do you expect.

True enough.

Have you ever endured Tommy Flemingā€¦

I havenā€™t, Iā€™ll ensure I donā€™t.

West Bromwich Albion, the Championship leaders, are the only Championship team not to have kept a clean sheet at home this season

It was mentioned during their game with leeds a couple of weeks ago that they were the only two teams without a home clean sheet. A mad stat as they were both well clear of the pack at that stage.

Eh, bang of fake news off that

They should use socks

The infant mortality rate in Africa today is the same as the infant mortality rate in western Europe in the 1950sā€¦according to J Peterson

1 Like

Hereā€™s an interesting, if not exactly the most exciting, book about how the World as an overall is actually getting way better than it was, and everyone is just missing it

2 Likes

Here you go actually, do the quiz and see if your perceptions match up to reality

1 Like

I think I did okā€¦but Iā€™m listening to

Steven Pinker has an interesting book on this, which is where Peterson probably got the fact from. Another one I remember from it is - The lowest life expectancy country in the world right now (Sierra Leone I think) is the same as the highest life expectancy in the world around a century ago (Holland) at around 53 years.

1 Like