Things I learned today (Part 1)

You probably get on well with Lisa Smith so. You should fuck off to some country where they allow stonings. Justice is for the state to uphold, not some group of wannabe batman cunts.

No qualms ref executions etc of anyone raping a child ,you obviously do,must put you and your snowflake ideas ref defending a child abuser on ignore ta ta

1 Like

If you think vigilantes should be going around inflicting “justice” then you may as well join up with Isis.

1 Like

Fucking hello, that didn’t take long.

1 Like

It’s the new Godwin’s law

Brian Ryan, the current Limerick hurler is a grandson of Victor McCalmont, who owned Mount Juliet in Thomastown Co. KIlkenny, before selling it to become the golf club we know today.

The young lad is basically royalty.

1 Like

Major McCalmont sold Mount Juliet with the contents because he ran out of readies. When the purchasers were clearing out the contents they found a painting by an old master that basically was worth what they paid for the estate.

1 Like

Ouch.

I was reading early about some famous painting that they have discovered hidden in the wall of a museum. It was stolen from there in 1997.

The Major was fair sick after that one I’d say.

Your story has more holes than a Darndale shooting victim:
It’s 30 years since one of greatest discoveries in the history of Irish auctions. In early 1987, a London art dealer sold a painting for more than £600,000 that he’d bought a few months earlier at a country house auction in Ireland for IR£27,000. The painting had a pre-auction top estimate of just IR£450. Despite his coup, he might have done even better were it not for the fact that he wasn’t the only bidder. He might, indeed, have secured the painting for just a few hundred pounds but he hadn’t been the only one with a hunch.

I can’t remember what the estate sold for back then but it was a working estate with loads of live-on employees and their families. It was a fantastic estate kept in pristine condition.

Many’s the forelock was tugged

1 Like

Not an hour in Stratford upon Avon and the spirit of the Bard of Avon has you throwing out tragedies and tales of lost treasures.

5 Likes

Nice to see things haven’t changed in limerick :joy:

1 Like

In the middle of the 19th century US troops successfully marched and took over Mexico City as part of the American Mexico war. But do to the US government’s notion of white supremacy they refused to annex the county as they did not wish to take over a country of latins/dark skinned people and give them similar rights as white Americans and instead took the sparsely populated areas which are now known as New Mexico, California, Utah and Arizona.

I also never realised that the US ruled the Philippines for the bones of 50 years in the 20th century.

2 Likes

The cunts in the comments are cruel bastards.
@glasagusban I’m sure you’d agree with me there.

30k? Not a problem.

1 Like

That “gruntled” is a word meaning happy.

3 Likes

That the people with the worst behaved children travel the most.

2 Likes