Things I learned today (Part 1)

It’s a lucky break really. Imagine if cans were one full pint, then it wouldn’t fit in a one pint glass with the head and all.

That’s why cider makes you langurs. You get the full pint. No head.

Its ounces they use mostly isn’t it. 12oz or 16oz

1 Like

16oz would be standard, not unusual to see 20oz which is just over an imperial pint.

I got a massive glass in Nathans last year in Coney Island, there must have been nearly three pints in it, what size would that have been mate? 32 ounces, it took me nearly half an hour to neck it with my hotdogs

32 ounces would be 2 US pints, you’d see them often enough in touristy spots.

35-40 years ago, when the pint was going over the ÂŁ1 mark publicans introduced the half liter pint to be able to give you a drink that was at our below the ÂŁ1 price point. But it never caught on.

2 Likes

Would have worked in many locals over the years and a lot of auld shtocks would order the half litre

Ivan Yates is a protestant who doesn’t like Father Ted.

There’s a Grafton Street in Cork.

Just an ould alley right in the middle of town connecting the Mall to Oliver Plunkett street, there was never anything there except a very famous nightclub called sidetrax which was patronized by an older crowd generally, apparently it was a good place to pick up an older lady of that was your thing, I often smoked a joint on Grafton street on a break from the brog or Crannog

4 Likes

The Grafton Barber is one street over then on Princes Street.

Did you learn he is a Protestant or he don’t like Father Ted today ?? Or both

All of the above.

He also posts here under the alias of @Mac

No @Mac is just his PA

Makes sense i had trouble believing @Mac would be elected

His bitch

That was true until Orchard Thieves came along, specifically designed to increase the margains

1 Like

Gorbies ,used to work there

Gorbys was above the Brog, Niall Kearneys place
Sidetrax across the road and down the alley

What era did you work in Gorbys?